Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips N' Tricks & Little things you learned that are game changing.
If I remember correctly, emagging an AI Turret Control randomly turns the turrets off if no one is in the room. If there are targetable humans/monkeys in the room it will never turn them off. It also sets to stun/laser at seemingly random intervals.
Yeah, OK, I missed some of the specifics but still I feel like worth knowing about. smile
here's my tip as an AI: Please don't emag my turrets. I mean, if you plan on like killing me or something then you probably can, but skilled AIs know how to use the turrets to full power, and that doesn't include them randomly turning off, on, laser, stun, out of my control.
(Then again it does make it hard to listen to loud music and murder at the same time)
here's my tip: emag my turrets only if you plan to change my laws. because it will kill you dead, you dump truck. unless of course you plan on leaving my upload open, in which case don't cause it's loud and annoying
If you decide to go paramedic as a doctor, carry a syringe of embalming fluid with you to make sure bodies stay fresh long enough to get to cloning.
Timber doodles can only pick up tiny items
A shaving razor is a tiny item
EEENT
I'll fucking cut you
You can't grab owls, but owls can grab you!
(07-03-2016, 06:16 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 05:45 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: - Toxins is the slowest way to make ttv bombs. If you had a TTV, you could make a capped TTV bomb with nothing but maint access, all faster than toxins.

I know what you're referring to, and I feel smug about it.

I call BS on this, have been trying to figure it out entire day and there's next to nothing that could enable this.
(10-12-2017, 05:39 AM)Blue Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 05:45 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: - Toxins is the slowest way to make ttv bombs. If you had a TTV, you could make a capped TTV bomb with nothing but maint access, all faster than toxins.

I call BS on this, have been trying to figure it out entire day and there's next to nothing that could enable this.

The sauna, as far as I recall. Although it's obvious as heck if you are ghetto TTV'ing, as there's not much shield from heat and people will notice.
(10-12-2017, 05:39 AM)Blue Wrote:

Cannot see how sauna could be faster than toxins, perhaps for some cavemen scientist.
We're not talking canbombs here. You can make maxed ttvs with an air pump and a lighter. The number one mistake people have with (post-cap) TTVs is trying too hard.
(10-12-2017, 08:15 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: We're not talking canbombs here. You can make maxed ttvs with an air pump and a lighter. The number one mistake people have with (post-cap) TTVs is trying too hard.

Haha, I went as far as making minuature in-situ hellburn with scrubber and airpump, that's how fare you pushed me.

Also, just discovered that air scrubber in violation of second law of thermodynamics can hold inifte amount of gas (pressure/temp). I MUST try this in powering the station since you can hook up the air scrubber to a mixing port.
(10-12-2017, 08:15 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: We're not talking canbombs here. You can make maxed ttvs with an air pump and a lighter. The number one mistake people have with (post-cap) TTVs is trying too hard.

We talking pumping the gas into a small room with a heat source, or does heat transfer into the pump from dropped lighters?
TTV when the valve is opened forces ALL gas from one tank to another up to a 3000 kpa - use this knowledge as you will.
(10-12-2017, 05:17 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:15 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: -

We talking pumping the gas into a small room with a heat source, or does heat transfer into the pump from dropped lighters?
Expel, ignite and suck back in. Gas continues burns in containers; kinda like a portable combustion chambers. Only useful for the old, slow co2 method and other non-bomby things.

It's not particularly useful as the station isn't exactly fort knox. You're rarely in need of ghettoscience.