Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips N' Tricks & Little things you learned that are game changing.
Tip: Don't ask why magnetic boots stop space drift and teleportation; that's proprietary knowledge.
(07-24-2016, 07:39 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Tip: Don't ask why magnetic boots stop space drift and teleportation; that's proprietary knowledge.

[Image: magnets_c.jpg]
(07-24-2016, 07:39 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Tip: Don't ask why magnetic boots stop space drift and teleportation; that's proprietary knowledge.

"If you're wondering how the engine works
And other science facts,
Just repeat to yourself "It's just a game,
I should really just relax
For Mystery Science Theater 13000."
#guitar riff"
[Image: crow04s.jpg]
Magboots also stop working if you buckle yourself into a chair or sit on a toilet then unbuckle.
Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... 

Here are two REALLY IMPORTANT tips and tricks that literally nobody knows about besides me and a few others.

Ported over number binding for abilities to changelings, wizards and vampires. ctrl+shift click an ability to enable binding mode, then press a number you want bound to that ability. This only works in WASD mode.

Made some changeling and wizard abilities "sticky". This means they will stay on your cursor after using them unless they are on cooldown afterwards. Clikcing their button again or pressing the assigned hotkey again will remove them from your cursor.

Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing...
(07-28-2016, 03:15 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... 

Here are two REALLY IMPORTANT tips and tricks that literally nobody knows about besides me and a few others.

Ported over number binding for abilities to changelings, wizards and vampires. ctrl+shift click an ability to enable binding mode, then press a number you want bound to that ability. This only works in WASD mode.

Made some changeling and wizard abilities "sticky". This means they will stay on your cursor after using them unless they are on cooldown afterwards. Clikcing their button again or pressing the assigned hotkey again will remove them from your cursor.

Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... Breaking News Developing... 
As an arrow keys user
frown
I actually stopped using that because I always set them to 1-4 out of habit, which happens to be what I use to shift intents. This could be fixed by not being an idiot and a) using different numbers, or b) using a UI that handles intent better, but I'm an idiot and I like the old colors.

Don't be an idiot kids. Unless of course you like harmbaton'ing yerself then ya - join us~
Prospector Pete's robusting tips

Be prepared to robust at any time.  Carry a weapon of some sort on you at all times.
The best weapons are hard to get without access or nerdery, so things like the razor blades and even screwdrivers are preferable to nab at first.  When you find something better, grab it!
Surprise is your best friend.  Generally you won't start a fight, but if you can run you can be in control of it.  Hide in a bush or locker and catch your opponent unawares after dashing off screen.

If you're stuck with some jerk and don't have the access to leave, the garbage chute is always a dangerous option.  

If you're unlucky enough not to have a weapon, keep the Disarm intent up.  Hell, always keep it up, the chance to block attacks can be a life-saver.

If you're expecting trouble or just really want to be prepared, bring a medkit.  It can mean the difference between passing out in crit and being beaten to death by a gasping assistant or being the one to strangle the life out of him after you healed up in a lull in the fight.

Don't be afraid to call Security.  Don't expect them to show up in time either, or at all.

Your best friend is anyone but the person attacking you.  If it's with illegal access weapons or traitor gear, beeepsky is your best friend.  If you're really paranoid, carry a securitron around or have a guard buddy bodyguard you.  

Try not to kill people if you aren't a traitor.  If they just won't stop coming after you and you need to kill them to survive, make sure you explain that quickly to anyone who shows up. 

If you somehow got in an actual fight and don't have the element of surprise, remember to keep clicking on your opponent's avatar even if you're not next to each other.  It'll help you hit even when lag strikes.

In a real fight, dodge rapidly around and avoid standing still.  If you can do it while spamming the movement keys, even better.

Most mobs are stupid and get hung up on tables and such, use that to your advantage! 

If you're sec and are sick of getting robusted wearing the red....stop wearing it.  Change your outfit and change the outlook others have on you!

Use the buddy system!  Two versus one can mean  a lot in this game, at the very least one can get away to get help or drag your body.

That's all I can think of for now good luck
Here's one I learned watching someone else. You can rapid cook donk pockets by skipping the microwave and just dumping them on the floor with a heat source like a lot match. 

Takes a fraction of the time that a microwave does, and can really save your life.
(07-28-2016, 07:26 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Here's one I learned watching someone else. You can rapid cook donk pockets by skipping the microwave and just dumping them on the floor with a heat source like a lot match. 

Takes a fraction of the time that a microwave does, and can really save your life.

Even better: Get the candles from the Chapel and put donks next to them to keep them warm forever, toasty for your customers / secret donk stash.
An additional use for chapel candles: If you have a lit candle in your backpack while you're smoking, it'll heat up the cig's reagents hot enough that you'll be periodically scalded by the nicotine. This does tiny amounts of damage, but it cranks your body temp up to the point where you're mostly immune to cold.
Use [me "give"] to actually offer the item in your hand to the player next to you, as opposed to throwing it on the ground and having them pick it up.
(08-03-2016, 01:17 AM)DreamCarver Wrote: Use [me "give"] to actually offer the item in your hand to the player next to you, as opposed to throwing it on the ground and having them pick it up.

Holy shit, that is a good one. Hell of a lot faster then 'inventory'-'put in hand' too.
(07-28-2016, 07:39 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 07:26 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Here's one I learned watching someone else. You can rapid cook donk pockets by skipping the microwave and just dumping them on the floor with a heat source like a lot match. 

Even better: Get the candles from the Chapel and put donks next to them to keep them warm forever, toasty for your customers / secret donk stash.

Time to start the church of the donk.
Related: Botany's corn pops from heat alone, so you can use a flamethrower to cook it.