Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips N' Tricks & Little things you learned that are game changing.
Recently I've had lots of people judge me for using WASD because it makes typing really difficult, once I told them you press T to open a text box they were surprised and started using it.

Also Alt W for whisper, can't remember now who told me but you know who you are I'm sure.
(07-09-2016, 10:48 AM)Dions Wrote: You can check the bridge for rare PDA cartridges such as R.O.B.U.S.T. (which contains ticket master) and Sci-Master (which contains the portasci remote) and copy their programs to your PDA's internal memory.

You can also just hack the PDA cart vendor to get sec/med/science carts. Same way you'd get ammo from a general manufacturer.
The med/science carts are available by default for like 40$. Network Diagnostics is another good one - if you know how to use it.
Following up on that, the Network Diagnostics cart can get you into quite a lot of places (some of them ones you probably shouldn't be!!).

It can also be used to troll people via PDAs. Up to you to find out (the wiki has most of it!).
(07-17-2016, 02:41 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 10:48 AM)Dions Wrote: You can check the bridge for rare PDA cartridges such as R.O.B.U.S.T. (which contains ticket master) and Sci-Master (which contains the portasci remote) and copy their programs to your PDA's internal memory.

You can also just hack the PDA cart vendor to get sec/med/science carts. Same way you'd get ammo from a general manufacturer.
no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. time to fill the portasci with my farts and send it back every round.
(07-17-2016, 11:33 PM)Dions Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 02:41 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:

no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. time to fill the portasci with my farts and send it back every round.

it makes sense in retrospect, since you can get the science/sec/medical termOS software via hacking the diskette manufacturer.

It would also make a good method of deep-striking the science department on redsuit rounds  space bear  gon get shot watch out
I've done a lot of vending machine hacking lately. I know that you can disable ID checks by cutting a certain wire, and one wire gives you unlockable fun times on certain machines. I think there's another wire that shoots stuff at you but in truth I have never tried to intentionally find that one. Normally if you know the position of one wire, you can replicate the effect on every vending machine and manufacturer.
(07-18-2016, 02:43 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: I've done a lot of vending machine hacking lately. I know that you can disable ID checks by cutting a certain wire, and one wire gives you unlockable fun times on certain machines. I think there's another wire that shoots stuff at you but in truth I have never tried to intentionally find that one. Normally if you know the position of one wire, you can replicate the effect on every vending machine and manufacturer.
http://wiki.ss13.co/Hacking#Vending_Mach...abricators
New Round Lag can make it difficult for the CE to load the RCD, what with the cartridges taking a few moments to disappear, thus delaying your glorious hellburn from consuming the engine room. You can get around this by dropping the cartridge just after you hear the click of it being loaded into the RCD, allowing you to immediately pick up and load a new cartridge even in the worst of server lag.
Here is something really obscure: Prison Artifacts sometimes cure addictions... maybe... I think...
Mail Chutes communicate over the wireless network.
Magboots work as galoshes, you will never slip.
(07-24-2016, 05:20 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: Magboots work as galoshes, you will never slip.

Magboots also stop you being able to be pulled around. This can work against you as an engineer if you've managed to burn everything down increase engine efficiency, as anyone not in the know who comes to pull your smouldering body to medbay won't be able to unless they take them off first.
Magboots also prevent teleportation.
(07-24-2016, 03:13 PM)Grek Wrote: Magboots also prevent teleportation.

Big Bad List of things that magboots do:
  • Prevent slipping.
  • Prevent pulling.
  • Prevent you being put inside of a locker or crate.
  • Prevent teleporting, portals and telesci.
  • You cannot be moved by people running into you without help intent.
  • Conveyor belts will cannot move you.
  • You don't drift in space.
    (and they don't even have a speed debuff wink)

That should be everything but it's probably not!