Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips N' Tricks & Little things you learned that are game changing.
Epinephrine gives you stun reduction. Now you have a way to defend yourself from OP Tasers
(07-09-2016, 02:43 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Shards made out of tier1 gems (if it sparkles, it's tier1) deal 31 damage and remove 31 blood from anyone you hit.

Plasmaglass shards do 20.

Tier 1 gems also have another secret use in the robotics fabricator too.
You can prewrite laws you want to inflict on the AI in notepad or the command bar. Just copy your suicide note and paste it when you need it. Turn the AI against humanity before it when knows you're there!
(07-09-2016, 10:48 AM)Dions Wrote: As a head your office is quite a safe place. Only you, the captain, and the hop have access and theres never anything in the MD, RD, and CE offices worth stealing.

I dunno, as a borg I covet that omnizine vial. Much, much more efficient than trying to forcefeed a monkey a donk pocket.

On that note: Want omnizine? As mentioned before, syringing out omnizine after eating a warm donk pocket is a good source of it. Stab a syringe into yourself and pour it in a beaker. Are you a borg and therefore don't have a metabolism and/or blood? Use a monkey! Methods to restrain monkey long enough to force feed a donk pocket and extract several syringefuls of blood are varied, but be cautious not to use too many toxins -- this will interfere with the omnizine extraction process!

Edit: Disregard, I am dumb.
How do you feed a monkey as a borg?
Something I'd like to see more of: You know grilles can be electrified by running a live wire under them, right? It can be finicky, but it will work. The same thing applies to partially cut grilles. Hook these up directly to the engine (during a hellburn) and you've got lots of instant death that's hard to see. What's more is how well hotwired grilles work as barricades; they're cheap, quick to construct, and extremely dangerous.

This brought to you by me being reminded of how dangerous hotwire-shocked doors can be during a hellburn.

Another thing: A Fuel Tank (small ones) can be *twirl'ed empty, can hold 400u, and accept the click-drag method of pouring chems. They can also be directly heated. The small fuel tanks actually have enough welding fuel to match the explosions of the large tanks.
(07-11-2016, 12:43 PM)Grek Wrote: How do you feed a monkey as a borg?

I just realised I've been stealing the MD's omnizine so long I forgot the last time I did this was with human co-operation, so, uh, you don't. My bad.

What I'm saying is STEAL THE MD'S OMNIZINE, PROTIP
Dunno if this is a tip/trick but

If you break a rule and an admin starts talking to you, be polite. In most cases, they will let you off with a warning instead of a ban! Even if you do get banned, if you appeal you are more likely to get unbanned.

edit: make sure to actually obey the warning obviously.
Here is a game-changing tip: alt+w is the hotkey for whisper.
(07-15-2016, 08:44 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: Here is a game-changing tip: alt+w is the hotkey for whisper.

THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN SO USEFUL TO KNOW ARRRG
(07-15-2016, 08:27 PM)robertmanbob Wrote: Dunno if this is a tip/trick but

If you break a rule and an admin starts talking to you, be polite. In most cases, they will let you off with a warning instead of a ban! Even if you do get banned, if you appeal you are more likely to get unbanned.

edit: make sure to actually obey the warning obviously.

Or just a temp ban.

I once killed a dude at the colonial marines server because he was holding people at gunpoint and kind of breaking military law, and then insulting them when they actually acted as if they were being held at gunpoint.

Admin helped that I did it, why I did it, and that I'd be willing to take any punishment they gave me.

They said I should've admin helped his behavior, and gave me a temp ban, but it probably would've been much worse if I acted like a confrontational jerk.
Repair Toolboxes can contain medium sized items, but all repair tools (screwdriver crowbar wrench) are small items and fit inside any cardboard box or a toolbelt.

Here is something quite a few people struggle with on their first try.
How to put a corpse into the cloner:
1) set ACTION-INTENT to GRAB (use the orange icon at bottom of the UI or use the hotkey to cycle through your intents (Somebody PLEASE ADD THIS HOTKEY TO THE WIKI))
2) use an empty hand on the corpse you want to clone; you will now loosely 'GRAB' the corpse.
3) use the 'GRAB' hand on the cloning scanner; you should see "X is trying put push Corpse Y into the cloning scanner".
To finish the Job:
4) click on the Cloning terminal with an empty hand; A window with the Cloning Scanner will pop up.
5) click the 'scan' button to try to add the DNA of the corpse to the database. There may be some feedback as to why it isn't working.
a) Corpse is too rotten to clone. Look through the Database and hope the guy is already in there or use the secret upgrade card!
b) Corpse is a husk. Yell over the radio: "CHANGELING!!!!!"
6) Click on database, select the person you want to clone, press clone. The Cloning tank should light up green. But there could be more problems.
a) Check the floor. If any of the wires here are severed, the cloning machinery will not be connected to the same network, and will not function.
b) Check the Enzymatic Reclaimer (the blackgreen thing with the little red light) for the amount of biomass available. If biomass is at 0%, you can fill it up with meat'n'gibs from the cooling box in the south-east corner of the morgue. No meat? Ask around, plenty of other sources of biomass: Like synth-meat from botany, donations from people with robo-limbs. Or monkeys. Or dead people, there will be no shortage of them.
(07-16-2016, 12:25 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: 1) set ACTION-INTENT to GRAB (use the orange icon at bottom of the UI or use the hotkey to cycle through your intents (Somebody PLEASE ADD THIS HOTKEY TO THE WIKI))
It's already listed:

The FAQ / Hotkeys
You can also use the 'Hotkeys' command ingame!
(07-16-2016, 12:44 AM)zewaka Wrote: 3
The FAQ / Hotkeys
Isn't there another one for non-wasd layout?
(07-16-2016, 01:27 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: Isn't there another one for non-wasd layout?

It works in non-WASD.
You might be thinking of other servers, which have hotkeys for rotating through them clockwise and counterclockwise.