Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips N' Tricks & Little things you learned that are game changing.
Quote:Haine updated:
You can now use pills, patches and auto-injectors in-hand to use them on yourself. Auto-injectors now work on player-controlled animals, as well.
You can set up a "ghetto Artifact lab" with a welder, a stunbaton, and a cyborg arm. With a little patience you can activate a fair percentage (at least half) of the alien gizmos found lying about the station and elsewhere. (A welder for high HEAT stimulation and a lighter for low, a stunbaton for ELECTRIC, your bare hands for CARBON, the 'borg arm for SILICON, a toolbox to smack it for FORCE. That just leaves out RADIATION.)

The Strelka's built-in laser array will shoot through windows and keep going unlike the common phasers mounted on regular Pods and 'Putts. This is useful for clearing shamblers off certain derelicts. Or sending a little high-powered hate to someone onstation.

A Mining Pod plus a Rock Drill will robust 80% of the Syndicate drones out there in a fraction of the time it takes you to try to be Luke Skywalker and dogfight it. It will also save a lot of time in the Debris Field as you can just bore a path through all those annoying asteroids.
Body bags let you drag people lying on the floor with no speed penalty

Trash bags can store multiple items with their main downside being that it will randomly choose which one to retrieve. This make them fairly handy at storing multiple items of the same kind that normally can't be easily stored in boxes
Non-daily reminder that cold beer heals you. Good booze-buddies always add tiny bit of chem-coolant to chill their still.

Remember! Warm beer is murder. Here's to us!
(08-02-2018, 02:51 PM)DarkStar Wrote: You can set up a "ghetto Artifact lab" with a welder, a stunbaton, and a cyborg arm. With a little patience you can activate a fair percentage (at least half) of the alien gizmos found lying about the station and elsewhere. (A welder for high HEAT stimulation and a lighter for low, a stunbaton for ELECTRIC, your bare hands for CARBON, the 'borg arm for SILICON, a toolbox to smack it for FORCE. That just leaves out RADIATION.)
What about cold stimulation?
(08-05-2018, 01:35 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: What about cold stimulation?

just hope it doesn't need cold stimulation
Use Icecream? (I don't do artifacts)
Fanny packs are power gaming gear. They are essentially backpacks for your belt slot.

By this I mean they can hold the same size items a backpack (normal, vs normal belts only holding small). For example, guns and space suits.

They can even hold other belts, including the trophy belt which has the added advantage of being yet another backpack class belt storage that is capable of fitting in the Fanny pack

They have one massive drawback over the trophy belt (and belts in general) and that's that they ruin your space fashion. Your fellow crew will mock your functional yet unfortunate load out

Nerf Fanny packs today
(08-05-2018, 04:24 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 01:35 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: What about cold stimulation?

just hope it doesn't need cold stimulation

Yeah certain kinds of bullet can stimulate RADIATION but I haven't found a ghetto-equivalent of COLD. Ideas welcome.
(08-06-2018, 06:06 AM)DarkStar Wrote: Yeah certain kinds of bullet can stimulate RADIATION but I haven't found a ghetto-equivalent of COLD. Ideas welcome.
The code says that cryostylane can do it.
Radium and porktonium can be splashed on for Radiation stimulus.
Not exactly full-ghetto, but better then lugging it all the way to the Lab.
I think you may be able to find Cryostylane and radium in ??? pills, so if you get a beaker you can just dissolve a bunch of them and splash the mix onto the artifact.
Lost in space with no jet pack? Click towards the station and fart your way back!

Really though I thought fart acceleration was Oshan only. Took a while to click that we have fart propulsion again.
DID YOU KNOW

plates can be used for non lethal takedowns with the harm intent

very useful since grab throwing has been nerfed

bonus super secret powergamer hot tip
ectoplasm is a power source
use control m as mime to bring your mimeplay to an entirely new level
now you can communicate that youre stuck in an invisible box to security, which is why they cant arrest you
I've been taking advantage of human shields lately, and it's actually really useful in a gun fight.

Just grab someone and pull them close and they'll absorb hits meant for you.

Obviously who you grab probably won't be willing, so take advantage of injured or cuffed people and monkeys, which shouldn't be hard to find if you're an antagonist