Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips N' Tricks & Little things you learned that are game changing.
thanks zewaka, go back to studying now. progress reports really help people see what coders are working on.

im no coder but would there be a way to just teleport the smoke to the top layer of the tile the container is on before it smokes?
Yes, thanks for the progress report. I appreciate it greatly.
(08-23-2017, 11:55 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: thanks zewaka, go back to studying now. progress reports really help people see what coders are working on.

im no coder but would there be a way to just teleport the smoke to the top layer of the tile the container is on before it smokes?

(08-23-2017, 11:57 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Yes, thanks for the progress report. I appreciate it greatly.

also the bug is fixed now so yeah
HE DID IT. REJOICE!
(08-24-2017, 01:19 AM)ZeWaka Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 11:55 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: thanks zewaka, go back to studying now. progress reports really help people see what coders are working on.

(08-23-2017, 11:57 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Yes, thanks for the progress report. I appreciate it greatly.

also the bug is fixed now so yeah

zewaka ilu thank you very much. do your assignments. stay in school. dont do drugs (the bad ones anyway)
This is only a small thing, for me this is so helpful though. Just the other week I found out you can adjust the dosage amount of hyposprays.
Hooray, now I'll have to redact the "smoke/foam doesn't work" jokes from the wiki.

Wait, did I ever do that? I usually try to avoid including bugs on the wiki. Usually.
How do you slam your hands on a table?
(09-08-2017, 06:21 AM)TheDK Wrote: How do you slam your hands on a table?

Wear a lawyer suit, then click your hands on that table.
^^^ Need to be wearing a Lawyer suit. You can find one around the courtroom in Cog1, or in the east room of the chapel in Cog2 (I think??)
(09-08-2017, 06:28 AM)Sundance Wrote: ^^^ Need to be wearing a Lawyer suit. You can find one around the courtroom in Cog1, or in the east room of the chapel in Cog2 (I think??)

That is correct, though you either need security access or someone who can open the door to get in (I don't see the AI having a problem with it since that's pretty much all there is in there).
(09-08-2017, 06:25 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Wear a lawyer suit, then click your hands on that table.
Ah cool that's a nice little job unique touch
Homeopathy works. Sometimes. I've had Strange Reagent revive people (and critters) even diluted way down; 10 units of it can be divided between every water fountain and tank on the station for easy resuscitation. Phlogiston sets people afire even at doses far less than one unit.
EMAGing the AI turret controls disables them... FOR A SHORT TIME. It then sets them to lethal and turns them back on- permanently, as far as I know. It happened to me; it happened to another guy, while I was AI, last night. It can be SUPER FRUSTRATING. Don't use the EMAG as a way to bypass the turret controls unless you ARE VERY READY to get into the core, do your business, and GTFO. I recommend having your freeform law already copied into your copy/paste buffer.
(09-11-2017, 01:14 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: EMAGing the AI turret controls disables them... FOR A SHORT TIME.  It then sets them to lethal and turns them back on- permanently, as far as I know.  It happened to me; it happened to another guy, while I was AI, last night.  It can be SUPER FRUSTRATING.  Don't use the EMAG as a way to bypass the turret controls unless you ARE VERY READY to get into the core, do your business, and GTFO.  I recommend having your freeform law already copied into your copy/paste buffer.

Specifically, emagging the turret controls makes it randomly turn turrets on or off and randomly sets them to lethal or stun constantly.

Ya know, good for when you REALLY don't want people to re-change laws on you.