Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Make gimmick roles spawn with money
Usually, due to the way gimmick roles and their renaming system works, people who latejoin and have a gimmick role/name have no associated bank account. And because I'm assuming there is no way to rectify that, I suggest:

Have gimmick roles spawn with some cash in their pockets. Doesn't need to be much; might vary. CEO or something might have fat stacks, a coach might just spot 100 credits, but it's kind of annoying not being able to buy anything from the vendors because you have no money or account, and this saves you the scavenging 90% of the crew doesn't have to do
(07-04-2016, 07:51 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Usually, due to the way gimmick roles and their renaming system works, people who latejoin and have a gimmick role/name have no associated bank account. And because I'm assuming there is no way to rectify that, I suggest:

Have gimmick roles spawn with some cash in their pockets. Doesn't need to be much; might vary. CEO or something might have fat stacks, a coach might just spot 100 credits, but it's kind of annoying not being able to buy anything from the vendors because you have no money or account, and this saves you the scavenging 90% of the crew doesn't have to do

CEO should be fucking loaded.
the apiarist needs to go visit bombini for more bee supplies. this is important
(07-04-2016, 08:04 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 07:51 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Usually, due to the way gimmick roles and their renaming system works, people who latejoin and have a gimmick role/name have no associated bank account. And because I'm assuming there is no way to rectify that, I suggest:

CEO should be fucking loaded.

As should board members

I wanted to name myself "x the chief stock investor" but the byond naming system was too small.

My whole plan (when I was playing a board member) was to sell my gold for space cash and make questionable investments using the station's budget. Especially trying to buy a whole company on the stock market by getting all the remaining stock.
Money is pretty useless and they're latejoin jobs. Even giving them a couple million wouldn't do much. Hell, the muggings and protection might even increase. That's always fun. The only problem is traders not accepting money. Could that be a thing?

To expand on special jobs, you could give each job it's own flavor items. Bigwigs get cash and sometimes their fancy stunstick. Tourists get their wad of cash, outfit and album. Vice officers could come with cocaine. Musician could get a random non-standard (bagpipe, violin, etc.) instrument. Coach gets speed shoes or something. Diplomats could get race abilities. Things like that.
(07-06-2016, 02:00 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Money is pretty useless and they're latejoin jobs. Even giving them a couple million wouldn't do much. Hell, the muggings and protection might even increase. That's always fun. The only problem is traders not accepting money. Could that be a thing?

To expand on special jobs, you could give each job it's own flavor items. Bigwigs get cash and sometimes their fancy stunstick. Tourists get their wad of cash, outfit and album. Vice officers could come with cocaine. Musician could get a random non-standard (bagpipe, violin, etc.) instrument. Coach gets speed shoes or something. Diplomats could get race abilities. Things like that.

It would be cool if diplomats could get a random beneficial or harmless mutation.

Imagine being a Martian and being unable to speak the human language, but still being able to broadcast messages into people's head.

You could make someone your translator.

Martian sends a message into your head "Tell him no deal, unless the clown is offered as a sacrifice"

"He says he wants the clown dead or there's no deal"

Basically pair ambassadors with ailments based on their alien heritage, and sometimes give them funny or appropriate mutations to compensate. Like a talking brain that can use TK to move things around.
Quote: Like a talking brain that can use TK to move things around

Oh god. I can imagine like, an actual brain on the ground that has to fling itself around with TK. A lot more variety with the ambassador role would be fun.
That would be pretty sweet. Maybe somebody should make a separate thread for gimmick role overhauls in general, I really like the Martian ideas.