Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff the Port-a-Brig
Right now, using the portabrig against a competent traitor or ling is asking to die. The portabrig, even when in motion, keeps the prisoner in a state of non-movement, meaning they can remove their cuffs while in transit. And even if they are cuffed, upon exiting the brig, they can run around like a madman, forcing you to commit to another round of annoying combat in the security room. 

I recall one time I portabrig'd a vampire Jay Wolff and knew I was doomed. I called the detective for help, and we created a corridor out of lockers to funnel him upon his portabrig exit. I'm pretty sure he still got away. 

I think the portabrig should simply be better. People shouldn't be able to remove their cuffs while inside, and when exiting the brig, the mechanism should throw you out so you receive a knockdown stun. Additionally, the brig should have a medical interface. I have died countless times inside the brig, while security has gloated at my situation, only to eventually wonder why I stopped responding. This addition could maybe even let us extract blood to test for a ling, though this could be overpowered. 

In the end, right now, it is far better to stun the suspect, drag him to a security checkpoint while bashing him with your stun baton over and over, and completely strip him or perform a blood test. Any pause in the stun will lead to your doom, and the portabrig only serves to act as that pause.
the blood test function especially sounds good.

but i have this to add

a ling going horror form or a vamp going mist form or a freedom implant should let you break out of this new and improved portabrig
What if the port-a-brig had a chair attached to the side, kind of like a motorcycle side car?

You can buckle yourself into the chair to accompany your prisoner as you teleport back to security.
(07-03-2016, 11:23 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What if the port-a-brig had a chair attached to the side, kind of like a motorcycle side car?

You can buckle yourself into the chair to accompany your prisoner as you teleport back to security.

Sounds like how the porta-nanomed used to work. Sounds like a good idea since it lets people recall to sec even faster, acting as a decent deterrent against people breaking into sec.
Things about the current port a brig:
  • You can lock and unlock it remotely with your PDA
  • You can reset it's teleport to location by clicking and dragging it to the ground
So, what you can do is set the home location to those minibrig chambers that have the wall flashers, and teleport them back there and unlock it from outside, then wall flash them if needed.
I've always thought it was dumb that they could remove their cuffs inside it. I use the port a brig constantly cause I feel the pros outweigh the cons but that seriously bugged me.

For dealing with it stand next to the port a brig, take out your baton and quickly get them out and stun them. Works everytime I don't think I ever had anyone escape from me from doing that but it's still annoying
(07-03-2016, 03:50 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: I've always thought it was dumb that they could remove their cuffs inside it. I use the port a brig constantly cause I feel the pros outweigh the cons but that seriously bugged me.

For dealing with it stand next to the port a brig, take out your baton and quickly get them out and stun them. Works everytime I don't think I ever had anyone escape from me from doing that but it's still annoying

Also, always get back up when available. You've got all the time in the world to set up the situation before you unlock the pod, so go ahead and create every advantage you can make.
if lings go horror form while inside the portabrig, does it burst open spectacularly and ruin the portabrig? is it like that already? it should be. it would be kool
(07-03-2016, 12:03 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Things about the current port a brig:
  • You can lock and unlock it remotely with your PDA
  • You can reset it's teleport to location by clicking and dragging it to the ground
So, what you can do is set the home location to those minibrig chambers that have the wall flashers, and teleport them back there and unlock it from outside, then wall flash them if needed.

This is an amazing tip, thanks. If you have checked for sunglasses you can brig somebody without having to sprint back, allowing you to report the arrest/cuff somebody else, so good.
Being able to send an electric shock, the same as the stun baton through the brig should also be a thing. or a flash, but an electric shock makes more sense for the size of the machine.

So that once you open it they can be in a subdued position. Portabrigs shouldn't be 2nd chance for traitors or criminals, if they didn't want to get arrested they should have gotten it right the first time.