Firebarrage HoS Application
Usual Character Name: Adrian Clarke
BYOND Username: Firebarrage
Recommended by (if applicable):
Times Available: Evenings and nights EST

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): 

I've been playing for a while now, and thought that it's probably time that I posted this application. From what I've seen rounds that
have a good HoS tend to be most interesting. Security tends to keep a better eye on things and the traitors have a much harder time murderboning,
which only leads to boring rounds. So hopefully if I can run as HoS I will be able to make rounds more interesting by keeping sec together and 
making sure that traitors have to be at least somewhat sneaky. 

A second reason for my application would be how long I've been around. I've seen way more rounds that I should have, and have been through
plenty with both good and bad HoSes. I feel that after seeing this many different styles and players filling the positions, I have a good idea
of what works and what doesnt. I've seen plenty of gimmicks that kept the round interesting and plenty of rounds where the HoS is just an overly
armed supercop that brigs anyone that looks at them funny. I think at this point I've got a good idea of the balance that is needed to be good at
the job, keeping the round interesting while still giving the traitors room to keep the round moving forward. 

I'm not expecting this to be a role that I play constantly, however I feel that it would be nice to have the option to play whenever I get 
the urge to play security. After all, its nice to see a round where security has some sort of coherent structure every once in a while. It may not
be my absolute favorite job, but I felt I might as well apply for it for those days I do feel like bringing a bit more justice to the station.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

Security is not my most played job by far, but I've still done the job in plenty of rounds. I'm very familliar with everything from preferred
stunning methods to optimal ticket issuing practices. I do my best to try to keep the station safe while not being a supercop and arresting every assistant I see breaking
into places. I feel I've managed to find a good level of balance in this area.

When I am playing security, my favorite thing to do is to catch an antagonist and give them some sort of ironic or funny punishment. Examples from the
past that Ive managed are forcing a wizard to play as santa (before the current santa system was implemented), create a syndicate operative zoo, and place bets
on how many eggs someone can eat while strapped over a chair with a bible underneath it before the inevitable happens. 

Because I've been a mentor for a while, I've actually had a chance to take the beret out for a spin a few times. From the times I've played it, I've found
that I tend to play it quite closely to my sec officer playstyle. I enjoy ironic or funny punishments and tend to avoid outright brigging people, because everyone
either suicides or goes braindead if I even try that. I've also seen that security officers tend to actually respond to the HoS, even more so than they do to any 
other head of staff. This make a coherent and cooperative security team, which, in my opinion, is something that makes the game more interesting to the entire crew,
including traitors.

Hopefully you've all seen me play sec or other roles enough that you think that I will do a good job in this role, I look forward to seeing your responses.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):

The main issue with security is the general pop brig. There is no way to control when someone is going to be let out of that area individually, as once
the chute opens the first person that falls in gets out. So, in practice, all security officers put everyone in solitary. I would like to see improvements to this
that encourage security to put prisoners together. Ideally this leads to fun events like prison riots or coordinated breakouts.

The nicest part of the current sec layout is the difficulty of escape. Earlier it was simple for a prisoner to just smash a window and waltz out of security,
in the current setup it at least takes a bit more work to get out.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
Why are you
writing
like this bro? I'm imagining you as your profile picture
typing this.

Formatting madness aside, I haven't seen anything that wouldn't deter me from supporting adrian for the beret. He's got good team spirit and grit, which are both plus's from me.
If memory serves me right I remember Adrian being a good officer, knows the do's and don'ts, works well with others and is not shit. From the last three months I got to play I Don't remember seeing you but I know in the years I've been playing I have play lots of security rounds with you. So I vote yes.
Adrian Clarke is a good dude and would make an excellent HoS.
yeah they're good at security. Give them the hat.
Funny AND competent? Put hat on that.
(06-30-2016, 01:55 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: I enjoy ironic or funny punishments and tend to avoid outright brigging people, because everyone either suicides or goes braindead if I even try that.

Please don't let people going braindead or suiciding after you arrest them prevent you from brigging people, they either do it because they assume getting cloned will be faster and you'll clone them (please space corpses of people who suicide) or they were going to log out as soon as something bad was going to happen to them anyway so they're not particularly good sports anyhow.
not a complete shit-for-brains and is pretty competent and would trust as hos
He's okay in my book.
Accepted!!!