Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Murray the Tour Guide more reactive
The other day I was promoted from Assistant to Captain. Right after getting my new ID and washing blood off the uniform, I passed the tour guard robot who commented on me as the Captain.

Murray should be able to pass comment on other things that happen throughout the station as well, such as assaults, murders, changelings, wizards, corpses in the hallways and any manner of things that might happen in the public spaces of the station.
I kind of like the idea, but it would probably be hard thinking of some good gimmicky things for tour buddy to say.

e.g while a fight takes place, "please keep all hands and feet to yourselves during the tour.

When any kind of guns are fired, "This tour is a gun free zone"

etc.
Murray should make upbeat comments about the carnage on the station

"Our geneticist has discovered a way to teach monkeys to read and write! One miscievous monkey even tried to convince that he was the missing research director! Another glimpse of the future, brought to you by Nanotrasen!"

"...And if you look to your right, you can see Da Wizzest Baller corrupting the pod bay with black magic. Get your cameras ready!"

"Unfortunately, the bridge to the souther half of the station is currently closed. Now, if you will all follow me and hold your breath..."
(Yes, the little shit led me out an airlock and onto the space catwalk just now)
Those are all pretty much perfect.
He actually does have a whole bunch of things that he reacts to already, and more are being added every week or so.
Does he have a line about swirly fights yet?
Can he be emagged to make hilarious mistakes and lead confused tourists to their deaths yet
I think Murray should say something about the HoP whenever he passes them...Something along the lines of "Woah...the HoP is still here?!"
Admiral jimbob Wrote:Can he be emagged to make hilarious mistakes and lead confused tourists to their deaths yet
This is an airlock! Goodbye! [Murray pushes a tourist into space]
Murray already can lead people to their deaths. I'm not gonna tell you how to cause this, but it's not hard to do.
Cogwerks Wrote:Murray already can lead people to their deaths. I'm not gonna tell you how to cause this, but it's not hard to do.

pffch pffch pffch pffch pffch