Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a box of blank IDs to chemistry.
So the chemistry machines can accept IDs in order to store one-click reagent combinations, but nobody wants to shove their ID in there and then lose it somehow ('accidentally' blowing up, etc.). The reagent combo system makes creating certain chemicals en masse WAY FASTER and it'd be nice if it were actually practical to use it, but it's not, due to The Implications.

Thus: give the Chemistry lab a box of spare IDs (maybe relabel it as data cards or something) they can shove into the chem dispensers and store their recipes on. I don't imagine they can be much harm since they have no access by default. If it's too much of a concern that they might, I dunno, choke on them, add them to the RD's closet, since two other Heads already get spare IDs.
box of fuckin... ancient ass punchcards
I'd suggest changing the chemistry-store-thing around and using simple diskettes instead of your ID
(06-28-2016, 04:35 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: I'd suggest changing the chemistry-store-thing around and using simple diskettes instead of your ID

That seems like a perfectly reasonable thing considering we've got diskettes lying around everywhere.
Fun fact: you can remove your ID and still use the combination system.