Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RCD Re-tile
Being a drone and trying to repair girders is kinda annoying. When I first did it I just made walls under the girders.

Maybe the RCD could also get a re-tile feature that lets you re-tile girders and reinforced girders?

It would make patching some broken walls quick and painless.
You can remove grinders by using a lit welding tool on them.  Boogiebot
A long-needed RCD improvement. This gets my +1.
I second/third/whatever this. Also explosions leaving weird pseudo-walls you can't re-tile/the dreaded "reinforced" is the worst and makes repairing hull breaches take twice as long
Make it for the lattices please. Seeing lattices OVER the floor doesnt feel right.
rcd should also get the ability to spit glass windows, steel reinforced glass windows, tables and reinforced tables. its fueled by compressed matter cartridges, not compressed steel cartridges, theres a lot of wiggle room for diversity

and a way to configure id access onto the airlocks it makes!
(06-26-2016, 10:07 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I second/third/whatever this. Also explosions leaving weird pseudo-walls you can't re-tile/the dreaded "reinforced" is the worst and makes repairing hull breaches take twice as long

I'm pretty sure I've fixed these with reinforced metal before
Absolutely
Have it cost different battery depending on if plain girder or reinforced girder
EG: Half the cost of a wall for repairing girder, same cost of a wall for repairing reinforced girder.

medsal15 Wrote:Make it for the lattices please. Seeing lattices OVER the floor doesnt feel right.
Placing another floor tile on the lattice makes a plating, which requires another floortile, effectively resolving this issue.
Really the issue with lattices is that probably layering; they should go under floors at all times
You know how we have that nice interface now for things on tiles when you hit shift+ctrl+alt?

How about a dedicated RCD tab that has a list like that for selecting what you want to place down when in build mode?
I'm hoping to get these improvements in soon. Also the hotkey idea is a good one.
Something to add to the newest update: It would be nice if the RCD retiled floors that were lacking tiles before building a wall.
I fully support the idea of enhancing the RCD with more plans.

But I do recommend that players, especially Ghost Drones, take the opportunity to learn how to make repairs from base materials.