Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CameronWoof's Sprites
(02-18-2017, 10:11 PM)Grifflez Wrote: I like these new ID sprites, but I will miss the old ones if these are added. They look spiffy!

proposal:
make 'old ID' a thing you can get by claiming a free medal, or, if one medal can give two rewards, merge it into Fish along with the satchel reward
that way the old sprites can still show up if you give enough of a shit, but by having them opt-in it won't invalidate the sprite change
These look neat!
New credit transfer device sprite. Enough of these are on the station that I think a touch-up would be nice.

[Image: 9g7yZzU.png]
Was digging around in the files and noticed that Supernorn made a bunch of personal computer sprites, but never finished the whole set. Spent a little time finishing them up myself. These are edits of his work, not my original sprites.

[Image: 8oIJW9D.png]

.dmi   finishedcomp.dmi (Size: 925 bytes / Downloads: 339)
More additional new sprites: Intercom and APC. Trying to resprite some of the things you see the most often.

[Image: 22lvFxv.png]

Little cuties. This APC sprite is compatible with the current APC light overlays !EXCEPT! for the apcox-0 and apcox-1 overlays which I've included a fix for. 

The intercom is a neat little wall-mounted screen and number pad for entering frequencies with a separate microphone on the side. 

Both of these sprites are comparable in size to the originals, though the intercom is a bit smaller. 

.dmi   intercoms.dmi (Size: 869 bytes / Downloads: 362)
.dmi   newapc.dmi (Size: 530 bytes / Downloads: 385)
oh my gosh they look very cute
i would like to see them esp. because the old sprites show their age very prominently
also can you post your hypospray sprite you were working on (was it you??)
(03-01-2017, 04:12 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: oh my gosh they look very cute
i would like to see them esp. because the old sprites show their age very prominently
also can you post your hypospray sprite you were working on (was it you??)

Thanks for the kind words!

It was probably me, but I really don't like how any of my hypospray/jet injector sprites looked. When I can finally get a design I'm happy with I'll post it up.
(02-28-2017, 09:16 AM)CameronWoof Wrote: More additional new sprites: Intercom and APC. Trying to resprite some of the things you see the most often.

Little cuties. This APC sprite is compatible with the current APC light overlays !EXCEPT! for the apcox-0 and apcox-1 overlays which I've included a fix for. 

The intercom is a neat little wall-mounted screen and number pad for entering frequencies with a separate microphone on the side. 

Both of these sprites are comparable in size to the originals, though the intercom is a bit smaller. 

Neato! Out of curiousity, does the new APC sprite have the little light doo-dads on it's surface to show what options have been tampered with at a glance?

And does the intercom have an unpowered state? (presumably with the green monitor screen being black and blank)
(03-01-2017, 01:44 PM)Grifflez Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 09:16 AM)CameronWoof Wrote: More additional new sprites: Intercom and APC. Trying to resprite some of the things you see the most often.

Neato! Out of curiousity, does the new APC sprite have the little light doo-dads on it's surface to show what options have been tampered with at a glance?

And does the intercom have an unpowered state? (presumably with the green monitor screen being black and blank)

The APC has separate sprites for the lights. They're overlay sprites, so they're not part of the base APC sprite. That said, this sprite is compatible with the existing ones.

And yes, I did make an unpowered state for the intercom. It's in the .dmi file!
I think we really need these in the game since they fit the art style of the other new station spires really well.
I agree. I'm a big fan of CameronWoof's sprites and they'd go a long way imo to make the game that extra bit prettier. They fit the tech style of "slightly outdated, yet fully functional".

EDIT: Plus, some stuff like the credit transferrer really could do with a touchup to be better than 'primo coder art'.
(02-18-2017, 04:05 PM)CameronWoof Wrote: [Image: dBGCg1H.png]

Might be just me but the command, research, engineering and captain IDs look a little oversaturated color wise?
(04-19-2017, 07:40 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 04:05 PM)CameronWoof Wrote: [Image: dBGCg1H.png]

Might be just me but the command, research, engineering and captain IDs look a little oversaturated color wise?

Several months late, but all of the colors for these IDs were lifted directly from the department uniforms. The Captain's ID being hilarious and tacky is intended, and also due in part to the fact that with less saturation, it becomes hard to distinguish from the Engineering ID.
It's me, making sprites again!

First up, there's a patch up for this already, but I figured I'd share my medsprays.

[Image: 3yISkWL.png]
[Image: Fr5RsgT.png?1]

[Image: QWD8fcf.png]
[Image: rBpF6t7.png]

And then we have a jet injector, a cartridge-based reloadable injection applicator.

[Image: 78hXAJq.png]
[Image: btrZQfX.png]

Animated:
[Image: CPkHZ1f.gif]
[Image: OyZZOpD.gif]

The cartridges themselves:
[Image: 0XXBOAe.png]
[Image: hzsgi2j.png]

.dmi   jetinjector.dmi (Size: 3.14 KB / Downloads: 234)
I like these sprites very much.