Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rampages
Give points based on good end round scores for your department/getting objectives done.

The points are redeemable for hats/uniforms/haircuts you can start the round with
-whoops-
(07-18-2016, 10:04 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: And I can't even grasp what would result from try-hard janitors trying to break into the Medical Bay so they can keep it spotless, while the whole station disintegrates around them.

That sounds amazing and I would love to see that happen.
(07-18-2016, 11:29 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 10:04 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: And I can't even grasp what would result from try-hard janitors trying to break into the Medical Bay so they can keep it spotless, while the whole station disintegrates around them.

That sounds amazing and I would love to see that happen.

Relevant XKCD

Also, I think the larger amount of Security is a good thing, but it's only a temporary "fix". Inevitably Sec will have a slump again for whatever reason, even if they do have new and interesting things to use.
(07-18-2016, 10:20 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Give points based on good end round scores for your department/getting objectives done.

The points are redeemable for hats/uniforms/haircuts you can start the round with

This kinda reminds me of the santa thing.

I could see a bunch of departments doing okay during a slow round, and then getting cool swag because nothing happened, which results in  nothing productive happening  next round because everyone is too busy playing tony honk pro skateboarder in the hallways.
(07-18-2016, 10:20 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Give points based on good end round scores for your department/getting objectives done.

A relatively easy way to do this would be to make money much more scarce while simultaneously making it hyper-useful.
Handing out rewards for good rounds/following your objectives is a great idea. But what should those rewards be?
Single round cosmetic items, or things that are marginally useful or goofy, like medkits or skateboards

(07-18-2016, 04:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Single round cosmetic items, or things that are marginally useful or goofy, like medkits or skateboards

Should probably just make a new thread for this though
(07-18-2016, 04:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Should probably just make a new thread for this though
http://ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6790
Totally surprised me when I saw that thread and all the recent talk about how rampaging is bad.

Not even two years ago, admins would help me, or even encourage me whenever I went on rampages. Once, popecrunch even flung beepsky out of an airlock because he was making me hide in lockers too much, making it kinda boring to watch. Another time I was made a raid boss and told by an admin to go on a rampage.

Then suddenly that kind of stuff is discouraged or shat on by admins shrug
Times are a' changing.

The problem now is that we're too empathetic.

It's a strange problem.
(07-20-2016, 07:25 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Times are a' changing.

The problem now is that we're too empathetic.

It's a strange problem.

We talking SS13 or real life, here?
The most fun I have as traitor is to get caught and run away/break out of prison repeatedly. Take risks! Leave an officer or two alive to curse your name. Also put a secret door in all the brig cells because it's funnier to get caught and repeatedly escape than it is to murder everyone.
(07-20-2016, 07:23 PM)Klayboxx Wrote: Totally surprised me when I saw that thread and all the recent talk about how rampaging is bad.

Not even two years ago, admins would help me, or even encourage me whenever I went on rampages. Once, popecrunch even flung beepsky out of an airlock because he was making me hide in lockers too much, making it kinda boring to watch. Another time I was made a raid boss and told by an admin to go on a rampage.

Then suddenly that kind of stuff is discouraged or shat on by admins shrug

Goon/Gibbed used to be more popular though no? Keeping the server high pop was never a problem..

Anyway, a couple days ago an Admin who I wont name lest they be shat on helped me in my traitoring by throwing me some more spacker ammo just to keep the party train choo choo'in on time.

and by party train I mean horrific murder.
I was gonna make my own thread for this but then saw this. I'm here to point out what exactly following traitor objectives gets you: literally nothing. A lot of people go to great lengths to fulfill one assasination objective, or if they get the escape alone objective... Anyway, I understand you have the freedom to do whatever with your antag round, but please, keep it fun for everyone else. The way I see it, an antag's job is to make the round fun. Killing everyone on the station is not fun for anyone but you, especially if you do it in some inescapable way, e.g. sleepy pen with dragons breath. When I roll antag, I see it as a chance to run gimmicks I thought of earlier, or sometimes I just want to do my own thing with the freedom to beat up annoying people. I can't make you do anything, but please think of other people when you rampage. What is the most fun for everyone, think of other people as just that, people, not fodder for your murder machine. If it's a a rampage that is fun to watch or is killing in a funny way, go ahead. Thank you.