Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rampages
Incidentally, ever since this thread popped up, the prevailing sentiment has shifted from 'why do people do nothing to stop antags' to 'why are all these tryhard turbonerds always running around with laser guns', often by the exact same people.
(08-09-2016, 11:58 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: ...Killing everyone on the station is not fun for anyone but you, especially if you do it in some inescapable way, ...
^ This. A thousand times this.

(08-10-2016, 01:41 AM)Roomba Wrote: Incidentally, ever since this thread popped up, the prevailing sentiment has shifted from 'why do people do nothing to stop antags' to 'why are all these tryhard turbonerds always running around with laser guns', often by the exact same people.
It is news to me that people are unhappy when ganging up antagonists. If anything the whole 'us vs antags'-mindset is highly overstated, and very under-acted. Fought a wizard the other day, the only people who cared enough to engage were the 2 guards, the detective, and the slightly creepy geneticist (who mainly just wanted something other then a monkey to toys with).
If people really gave a shit, that guy would have been arse-deep in greyshirts any time he magicked himself onto the station.
I don't really care if a person wants to just have fun at the expense of others when being a antag. I just ask you don't make it impossible for the crew to call the shuttle or the antag themselves calls the shuttle towards the one hour mark.
I have the personal belief that if you decide to go on a rampage you must at the very least make it sufficiently entertaining. after all people will remember the mad super villain who killed people with sonic farts much more fondly then the guy who just gunned them down in maintenance
I've thought about a few good ways to start a chase.

For example wear the wrestling belt, voice changer mask, and agent ID. Change your name to something like "Waldo" or "Yakity Sax" and start punching people so they start shouting your name on the radio.

Run for it, try to get as many people to chase you as possible, occasionally using tricks and diversions to slip them up and anger them even more. Keep doing it until you're publically executed.
Thanks for all the great replies. I definitely picked up a few ideas from this thread. I think the drug fueled knife rampage is probably one of my favorite things to do at the moment.

And purposely starting a station-wide chase is a fun idea. Combining the miscreant objective of getting the entire station after your blood with some true antagonist flavor would be awesome.
I will contribute to say that regardless of rampage style, if you repeatedly recall the shuttle/destroy all means of calling it super late into the round, just so you can kill the last few remaining people (this used to happen embarrassingly often on the lowpop test servers), you are absolutely frustrating garbage. Let it end. Let it die. This isn't AS bad now that you can play as ghost drones, but JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH