Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VISOR eye implants.
I mean, why not?
I don't see why you would need them in the first place.
(06-23-2016, 07:36 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: I don't see why you would need them in the first place.

Pun intended?

But yeah, cyborg eyes are meant to cure blindness. Visor eyes would essentially be the same as cyborg eyes, so this suggestion is kind of redundant.
(06-23-2016, 07:49 AM)Sundance Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 07:36 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: I don't see why you would need them in the first place.

Pun intended?

But yeah, cyborg eyes are meant to cure blindness. Visor eyes would essentially be the same as cyborg eyes, so this suggestion is kind of redundant.

I just tested it. Cyber eyes do not cure blindness, at least not the mutation. Cyber eyes only cures the lack of eyes.
EDIT:
Well there's really 3 kinds of blindness:
1. Blindness from lack of eyes.
2. Blindness from genetics
3. Blindness from eye damage, such as welding and flashes.

What you are suggesting is that it should cure 1 (given that they are eyes), "cure" 2 (you'll still have blindness, but the borg eyes overrides it) and cure fully 3. Like visors. However, at the caveat that it does not prevent further eye damage (the kind from 3).
That'd be pretty good.
(06-23-2016, 07:54 AM)Sundance Wrote: EDIT:

What you are suggesting is that it should cure 1 (given that they are eyes), "cure" 2 (you'll still have blindness, but the borg eyes overrides it) and cure fully 3. Like visors. However, at the caveat that it does not prevent further eye damage (the kind from 3).
That'd be pretty good.

No, I'm saying that cyber eyes should cure 1, VISOR eyes should cure 1 and 2, and polarized which already exist should cure 1 and prevent 3.
See my edit SuperbDingaling

Afaik cyber eyes have no advantage over normal eyes. Having them work with genetic blindness would be a nice (albeit niche) pro. What you are suggesting about having visor eyes is so fundamentally small in difference to cyborg eyes, it'd just be good to amalgamate it and have cyborg eyes act as visor eyes.
Unless you're a real stickler for calling them visor eyes..
(06-23-2016, 08:05 AM)Sundance Wrote: See my edit SuperbDingaling

Afaik cyber eyes have no advantage over normal eyes. Having them work with genetic blindness would be a nice (albeit niche) pro. What you are suggesting about having visor eyes is so fundamentally small in difference to cyborg eyes, it'd just be good to amalgamate it and have cyborg eyes act as visor eyes.
Unless you're a real stickler for calling them visor eyes..

I'd be okay with one or the other, really.
(06-23-2016, 07:54 AM)Sundance Wrote: EDIT:

That'd be pretty good.

#3 Especially would be really good for cybereyes to fix. It's a bit odd to get your eyes replaced and still be unable to see anything without oculine. I don't really see why we'd need a special kind of eye for it though.

It's part of a campaign to achieve as much genetics twinking as possible. Eye implants that bypass blindness mutation permit an extra 15 points of stability over diminished optic nerves + prescription glasses, and you can wear sunglasses over them too.
Christ it's just a suggestion, if it's bad then move it to the correct forum, I just figured if there's a set of eyes for each piece of eye-wear (except prescription glasses) then why not add one for VISOR goggles, hell add some for Prescription Glasses too.
(06-23-2016, 08:31 AM)Grayshift Wrote:

It's part of a campaign to achieve as much genetics twinking as possible. Eye implants that bypass blindness mutation permit an extra 15 points of stability over diminished optic nerves + prescription glasses, and you can wear sunglasses over them too.

This is a good thing that would mean potential co-operation in theory.
I don't think anyone was implying this was a bad idea.
I didn't say it was bad. Merely pointing out some hidden consequences.

I wouldn't object if they were added, but since eye damage is quite rare this is a niche project.

(Optic lasers through artificial eyes should make them explode.)
I want visor eyes so I can get that cool grid overlay without sacrificing the utility of other types of eyewear.