Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pod Arrivals Method Proposal
(06-22-2016, 01:26 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Also, I do like having a safe area before you join the round proper like the current shuttle teleporter area.

The general idea for the dock areas is to make them unsimulated like the current shuttles, to make them basically invulnerable. This includes a teeny little area around the dock itself for new arrivals to gather, hopefully unharmed.
This seems neat and I like it a bunch. Sounds like a good medium between "boring teleporters" and "oh dear someone's put sarin in the arrivals shuttle AGAIN".
(06-22-2016, 01:26 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I kinda think it would be fun if instead of a pod it was a space taxi/bus, complete with a chatty driver.

the sprite used for a spacebus could even be repurposed into a new big pod-sized adminbus
As a means of queuing, and preventing overflow;
I like the idea of a device force-ably ejecting you from the pod when you arrive (to remove you from the pod) and then junk/space the old pod.

Imagine a receiving belt much like QM, your pod skids to a halt on the belt, the belt drags the pod over a disposal floor flusher type thing, you pop out on the other side of the reception bay wall -- and the pod then gets either deleted (stored internally for lore sake) or ejected back to space.

The whole process could take 7 seconds or so. make 3-5 bays around the station and you should have a nice flow even at round start.

This could easily be adapted to resemble more like a Train/Tram or taxi system, as its beginning to resemble one.