Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feature update request re: poking the crusher
it should have a chance to rip your arm out of its socket and crush it, thanks in advance
And give you some spikes you removed from it.
i dont think things get removed from the crusher except in the form of scrap.

it should also cause heavy bleeding, too, though. limb removal in general really should result in more bleeding than it currently does.
I think the current amount is fine. Bleeding in general is still not really all that balanced - see the thread about the tranq rifle, for instance. The most common source of limb removal is getting caught in an explosion, in which case you likely have to deal with dragging yourself to medbay while limbless and caught in an airless corridor. There's no need to deal with bleeding damage on top of that.
Actually re:explosions:
When limb removal was being implemented it actually balanced itself in a funny kind of way in that explosions cauterized the wounds, you'd see on the message being blasted with shrapnel and your wounds being cauterized by the burn damage.
It got removed, for some reason.
I like the idea of the crusher ripping your limb off OR outright killing you.

Also it needs a scoreboard, or some sort of crude wall etching with the name of the crewman that touched it the most without dying (either that round or all-time)
oh yeah. the chance to have your arm pulled off should be lower if youve got adamantium skeleton(you will be more likely to be simply pulled in and gibbed because your arm wouldn't give way, strong skeleton is not always your friend), and higher if it's a robo arm, even higher for light robo arm.

having your arm pulled off resets your score so folks dont artificially inflate their score by running to and fro having loads of light arms bolted on
(06-21-2016, 04:01 AM)misto Wrote: oh yeah. the chance to have your arm pulled off should be lower if youve got adamantium skeleton(you will be more likely to be simply pulled in and gibbed because your arm wouldn't give way, strong skeleton is not always your friend), and higher if it's a robo arm, even higher for light robo arm.

having your arm pulled off resets your score so folks dont artificially inflate their score by running to and fro having loads of light arms bolted on

I kinda like this overall.

I kinda thought touch the crusher could maybe use a survive condition, rather then just win/lose.

so Win would be no arm loss, lose would be death, and survive would be to not win but lose your arm and survive narrowly.

Lose chances should be made more significant if you have a custom arm like a chainsaw or wendigo/yeti arm or cyborg arm. Just because it increases the value of a win. Maybe even give an achievement or something after like 5 touches.
(06-21-2016, 03:39 AM)Grifflez Wrote: I like the idea of the crusher ripping your limb off OR outright killing you.

Also it needs a scoreboard, or some sort of crude wall etching with the name of the crewman that touched it the most without dying (either that round or all-time)

Some method of 'score' keeping would greatly aid in the amount of blood rent by this mechanic.