Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Put the AI upload in VR
Lightbulb 
Keep a physical reset and a way to check current laws handy, but transfer the AI upload into a special area of VR.

Those who want to change the AI's laws would have to enter the VR pods that would be in where the current upload is.

The AI has full control over this realm, releasing virtual lions on intruders or serving a nice cup of holo-tea to guests. Perhaps the AI could also have control of the physical look of the upload, making it into a maze or fancy mansion? Also important to note is that the AI would not have to worry about causing harm to humans in their upload if it was in VR. 

Experienced hackers of course would need a way to jack in and change laws without being caught. Maybe a traitor item?
This idea reminds me of Shadowrun so much.
What would you do if the VR pods got bombed or something?
Are VR people human? If they are, it would remove a part of the fun.
I mean, if the AI kills you in VR, you'd just get booted out, right? So there's no harm there.
(06-19-2016, 06:51 PM)Zafhset Wrote: This idea reminds me of Shadowrun so much.

Yeah, sounds fun.
I feel like there's huge potential in letting the AI go into VR.
This sounds cool, but what would prevent the AI from just walling off the VR upload?
(06-20-2016, 02:44 AM)Triacontakai Wrote: This sounds cool, but what would prevent the AI from just walling off the VR upload?

The arcade, detective VR and test bomb goggles should lead there.
I kinda want the AI to have total control over VR as some horrible god, as a method of venting frustration when the crew is being extra stupid.

(of course then you have to worry about an AI sitting in VR all round waiting for people to jump in and get mauled by VR-lions)
WeLcOmE tO mY vIrTuAl HeLl
But uh, how would you steal the AI's brain?
(06-20-2016, 08:03 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: But uh, how would you steal the AI's brain?

Materializer. Like a teleporter, but with items.
Note: Doesnt work with most things, or it would be OP.
I dunno. It would make more sense that you couldn't directly steal their brain from VR. Maybe you could like, do something to make it easier to once you log out of VR?
Here's what I meant, but of course it's all up to discussion:

[Image: lNCguso.png]

(there would be another upload computer in VR)