Arborinus / Tumany Cooks Mentor Application
Star 
This is my hundredth post, better not mess it up.

Usual Character Name: Tumany Cooks (or some variant)

BYOND Username: Arborinus

Recommended by: Nope

Times Available: I'm on most times of the week, and I usually play off and on from like 1 p.m. - 1 a.m. CDT

Game Experience + Reason for Application: 
It takes a lot to make a mentor. 

I've been playing SS13 since 2013 (not sure when I started playing Goon - the servers were still called Gibbed when I first played?). In my early days I was mainly an assistant, keeping to myself and exploring the debris field. As I've grown as a player, I've played every job (except HoS) and found I prefer the "civilian" jobs, like Chef, Botanist, Clown, Chaplain, etc. These jobs seem to be more popular to newer players and a little underappreciated - I would love to show all the fun hidden things that players overlook after they work their way up the chain. I have antags turned off because I really dislike playing them, but I've played each at least once. I'm still a pretty quiet dude, and most people probably know me from my radio awkwardness or the aftermath of some gimmick I've made rather than ever seeing my character in person. Even in the roles I play less of I am knowledgeable enough to start someone out, and would be happy to show someone the intricacies of jobs I play more often.  

The reason I'm applying: I love helping new players. That blank stare as they stumble over how their hands work, the way they skitter away when you call out to them or how they stand and watch the station antics in admiration. I especially love to hear their laugh when something that's normal to an experienced player, but absolutely crazy to them happens and they later say, "Haha, what the heck was that?" in deadchat. They go along in this silly 2d farting life with a child-like gleam in their eyes, and I want to show them just how crazy this game can be. I often find myself answering questions over the radio, or whispering a quick hint to one of them as I pass by. I've had times when someone literally bursts in through a window or broken pipe and calls out, "(halp i am new)", and I'm the person to step forward and give them a hand. Being a mentor would make it easier for me to help these people, and make it easier for the players to get help from me.

Also if real life stuff counts for anything I have special education experience (not to say anything bad about new players!) and I'm an Eagle Scout. Smug

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): None that I know of?
Wait, you're not a mentor already?

Someone give this man the title ASAP! There are livelives hanging in the balance!
Thumbs Up 
You've been around long enough, you know your stuff, and I think you would make a fine mentor. This app gets my seal of approval Mario purple he.
Arborinus is really cool and knows a lot of stuff. Give them purple text.
Yes. He is great and knows his stuff.
Hell yeah give him the purple text, one of the most recognizable and helpful face on the station.
As a Nope, I heartily vouch for Tumany Cooks and their friendliness to newbies. They were around when I was a newbie!
Absolutely. Thought you were already, actually.
Yes.
(06-19-2016, 12:36 AM)Gannets Wrote: Yes.
Without a doubt.
Absolutely
Thought you were a mentor already, definitely yes.
Tumany definitely knows his stuff well enough to mentor folks.
How the hell are you not already a mentor? Absolutely yes.