Quiltyquilty's Head of Security Application
Rainbow 
Usual Character Name: Clare Quilty
BYOND Username: Quiltyquilty, but I used Allura up until the end of last year.
Recommended by: Hufflaw, EdVenture
Times available: About 12 pm - 12 am every day unless I have work, which is about one week of the month and it depends a lot. So I'm not 100% certain.

Reason for Application: When you get to playing purely security for as long as I have been doing it, you start to grow really weary of the endless rounds where you're the sole member of security, a single officer, sans a detective who gets drunk and dies within 10 minutes. This is especially a problem right now, security numbers are legitimately at an all time low and it seems like players are just as rude to security as they always have been, despite the new regulations. Going through that every round is uninspiring, and for the most part I only play when EdVenture or Sundance are playing as HoS so I feel like I have a friend to talk to who isn't a drunk, nicotine laced psycho with a gun. With the extended access and sense of authority I would feel significantly more capable of running the usually empty department.

Access to the armory opens up a new world of solutions for security. Most of the time there is no HoS so the one or two security officers who had the heart to play are left utilizing only their tasers, batons, flashes and cuffs even if they have to deal with nuke ops. If I was able to play HoS that would create one more player that could play the game and offer the large array of useful equipment that is normally tucked away. I don't think I've seen a round where security has used pepperspray grenades, which is like a staple of irl police (not in grenade form), literally ever.

Beyond these functional benefits I also, like anyone else, want to be able to play the role that's pretty much acknowledged as the true leader of the station. I enjoy playing a leader, if I'm not playing security then I usually pick MD or RD. But of course these two jobs have incredibly limited control of their chaotic departments. It would be new and interesting if I could take the mantle and give the station what it deserves: solid direction.

Security Experience: Beyond my first couple of months where I stuck to MD and some recent straying away from security (as my favorite HoS is incapable of playing so I'm less inspired to play sec) I have played almost exclusively security. Given I've been more active than ever for the past two years I have witnessed the transformation of how security works, and it's been for the better. I feel that security for a long time were considered mall cops whose job isn't to stop crime, but instead to write pointless tickets, ride around on segways and be cannon fodder in the face of nuke ops and wizards. To an extent, even today being a diligent and effects officer means getting called shit security and lots of people disliking you, but for every jerk who still thinks security is a group of incompetent and pointless redsuits destined to die is another person who understands the stuff you have to put up with and is friendly over arrests. I'm glad this has happened.

The best thing I can say about my security experience is how far I have come, and how much I have learned. I really want to thank amazing HoS's like EdVenture and Sundance for giving me direction, those people are the reason I play security and the reason I want to be an HoS, just to contribute like they do. If it wasn't for them I would still be going braindead in maintenance, killing myself on roundstart, and being a useless lone wolf with no communication to security about my whereabouts, etc. Instead I feel that I have become competent and most of all a good team mate. I try my hardest to assist the crew, in my downtime where there isn't any crime I go out of the way to make station repairs or have fun chatting up the barman, who usually is good for talking. When it does come to crime I'm having the most fun I have of any job in SS13. Being in security really teaches you how important it is to not give up and to stay in the game, and keep hunting for the troublemakers. You're the person who enables fun for the crew.

My mindset used to be a lot more lenient, I didn't punish assistants for break ins or anything like that, because I was scared of people calling me shit security or adminhelping me. If you knew me back then I can assure you that I've changed a lot, and if you didn't know me back then, I'll warn you that if I see another assistant wearing a medical space suit I will smack you right upside the head and return that suit to where it belongs.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout: I was one of the biggest advocates for 69andahalf's security revamp, and at the moment I find Cogmap 2's security to be really awesome and good to use. But I'll still list the flaws, and then the good parts to end on a good note.

I think that too much maintenance is touching security, it's too easy to break into. Something I don't like about the new revamp is the basic walls in the restrooms. This is really just retained from Cogmap 1 but even on Cogmap 1 it was really unpopular with security how awful it was that the first thing some people did was deconstruct the wall in the bathroom to allow any and all people to escape. I find myself mostly using the solitary cells for prisoners.

Minor nitpicks are the really small size of the router room, the useless door into Beepsky's house from the HoS room, and the visiting room having an empty space under the tables, it's ugly.

In terms of positive things, even though the restroom is bad, the new genpop is a lot more secure than it used to be, and people can't basically escape with no effort whatsoever anymore. I like that there are now two pods. The parole room is really neato with the locker setup and everything, a lot better than the old belt hell route. Also the disposal tunnels between checkpoints is one of the most interesting yet underutilized aspects of Cogmap 2's security. I like it a lot.

Most of all I like about Cogmap 2 is the armory. It's stocked with a lot more interesting stuff than Cogmap 1, and that's why I want to see it utilized more so much. Have you EVER seen the n2o canisters being utilized? Yeah, doubt it.

I don't play Destiny but I won't use that an excuse to not comment on it. From the goonhub image, I don't like how esoteric and cramped it is, I feel like some of the space dedicated to medbay could be allocated to security. Also it has doors directly into it from maintenance, which is uncool, and the armory goes for a more Cogmap 1 approach, but that may be due to size limitations.

On the upside, I appreciate that solitary cells were included and the genpop looks relatively secure despite its size and windows. The basic walls being against the monkey pen gives it a vulnerability that isn't instantly accessible by any greyshirt with a hatred of security. The aesthetic of the HoS office is really neato and I like how it's set up, with a meeting desk that has a chair for dicussions. Also I love that the port-a-brig is tucked away instead of immediately accessible like it is on Cogmap 2.

Previous Bans: No bans.

Thank you so much to EdVenture and Hufflaw for inspiring me to make this post, I'm really passionate about security and I look forward to hearing back from people if they like me or not. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!
Yeah, I feel like quiltyquilty's got the right attitude for playing security, she seems to enjoy interacting with people and talking with them, which is fun.

Though quilty, don't take being HoS too seriously if you do get it, it's just another job, not a beacon of order or anything like that.
The ending was a reference to Kurt Cobain's suicide note, don't think I'm creepy please.
I would support quilty for HoS based on the sheer amount of experience she possesses.
I know quilty enough to know that we won't see rampant abuses of power with her as HoS, so, support.
Quilty is pretty much my partner when it comes to security we almost always play together and she even seeks me out in IRC to see if I'll join the next round. Quilty is also the main reason I signed up for Jeb's security thing cause playing security alone seriously sucks.

I feel Quilty would be a great HoS cause I've played countless security rounds with her and taught her all I could about the job so I am 100% positive that she won't be shit or abuse the power. Overall she is a great player and a great security officer. She can fight, has great judgement, gets along with other players and lastly she knows the job is about protecting the station and it's crew and not a antag hunting job and in my opinion that is the most important mindset for a security player. I vote yes this player came out of nowhere for me when I was really cynical from playing security alone and has given me some fond memories from this game and showed me that Security can still be fun. She has come along way from the last time she applied for HoS and unlike last time I am in full support of her.

I vote yes. Great person, Great Player and a Great Security Officer.
(06-18-2016, 05:01 AM)quiltyquilty Wrote: The ending was a reference to Kurt Cobain's suicide note, don't think I'm creepy please.

no deal
Yep  You can hi-five stuff now
quilty rules endorse endorse endorse
Quality Quilts would make a fine HoS, I feel.
i still say yes
Please give quilty the fancy hat.
Quilty's been playing sec since i was beating myself with my jumpsuit, always knew her as the type to do all the good sec stuff but still be fun with it. Put hat on that.
In lieu of additional rhymes I must agree. Put hat on that