Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IRC rules
(06-20-2016, 10:25 AM)popecrunch Wrote: Good fucking GOD if one more person jumps up my dick about this i SWEAR.

you've found why i don't go to goonstation anymore
people semantic the shit out of every single fucking thing you say and it just kind of makes me want to do a violence on such a level michael bay would be shocked
I wasn't trying to be pedantic, I just didn't really have the time to offer my opinion on anything else, and I felt like I should contribute something.

Sorry.
Please note that I am not at all discouraging USEFUL input, but if all you have to suggest is, ultimately, meaningless... maybe save it.

No more threadshitting. Posts after this one that are off-topic, trolling, or focussed on formatting / spelling / unimportant word choice might get you a short forum vacation. Significant input is welcomed, word choice that is actually meaningful is welcomed, nitpicky details like 'which universally understood acronym should be used' is not welcomed.

Come on, guys. I am asking you to participate in the creation of rules we will all be bound by, at least pretend like this is something worth doing.

This is discouraging.
As far as significant input goes, just about everything seems fine. I would, however, add a rule or clause against impersonating admins in IRC.

I've seen it happen a few times in the past, and it really shouldn't be tolerated in my opinion.
Fair enough, added.
delete me. Ed is right.
Then why bother posting Teddy?
I saw that before you edited it. Enjoy the 24 hour vacation.

I'm fucking serious, guys. No threadshitting in this thread anymore.

edit to add: If you want to post just to post, pick another thread.

edit again to add again: Leaving this up for 24 more hours, then it'll go up for real.
I'm an old man who's past the point of return.

that said, these new rules are probably going to work out in the long run, there were some pretty glaring problems in a lot of the older rules and these ones seem to make it a lot less of a split between admins and regular chatters, opinion rules especially, believe you me. I could go on but it's pretty good to see some of that shit dissolve.

that's my two cents.
OK, all done. Thanks for the input, folks.