Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Replicant Parts for Cyborgs
Cyborg parts that look like normal human limbs! Made from viscerite! It's weak to fire! Will burn right off, exposing the light cyborg beneath!
could cushion lightly against brute damage attacks, until it gets melted/cut off

i would encourage that roundstart lightborgs start in such a replicant suit, or have an option to start in it. using it should not slow them down, or else probably nobody would want to use it.

higher grade ones made out of synthlimbs and synthflesh could be considered
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Yes I do like this idea, I like giving ores specific uses for stuff in manufacturers, viscerite is a good choice.
Let the robotic manufacturer produce replicant parts.
A replicant borg can withstand more brute but takes more damage from burn (rather than outright melting off, I can imagine that'd be hard to code).
It probably be a bit weird if it looked exactly like a person though. I was thinking it should look like a ivory white colored synthetic like that shite film with Will Smith in it.
im not sure why having an extra layer of viscerite gunk would cause a borg to take extra burn damage, but lightborgs pop in one or two laser shots already so it probably wouldnt add up to much of a difference.

i think the working joes from alien isolation are probably the intended look here

and yeah, the whole melting/burning feature does sound tricky, given that a premiere bonus of borghood is the ability to stroll thru roaring plasma blazes untouched, and how the clothings worn by people/equipped by borgs do not currently burn/melt off in such situations, despite the fact that they often would have burnt up if they were on the floor rather than equipped.

maybe code could be copied from how people burst out of their clothes when obesity or cluwning/monkeying hits them. only the "clothes" in question would be the viscerite/synthrubber suit dropping onto the floor and burning up. this could also be applied to other flammable borg costume items. probably should not be applied to clothings worn by humans because fire is debilitating enough for them as is.
Add replacement limbs that look just like normal limbs for people to use, as well.