Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly Wizard Admin Role/Antagonist
What this means: Basically the player who has the admin role/antagonist role can toggle it on or off. If it's toggled on, You will spawn as a wizard, but in a different location, and look way different than a wizard. It looks more cool, and "adminlish".
If it's turned off, you will spawn as a normal crew member.

The people who apply for friendly wizard will be temp-friendly-wizard. If the player has proven to be a proper friendly wizard, he will stay as one permanently. If not, his roles will be removed.
(06-15-2016, 07:35 AM)CoolGod1198 Wrote: What this means: Basically the player who has the admin role/antagonist role can toggle it on or off. If it's toggled on, You will spawn as a wizard, but in a different location, and look way different than a wizard. It looks more cool, and "adminlish".
If it's turned off, you will spawn as a normal crew member.

The people who apply for friendly wizard will be temp-friendly-wizard. If the player has proven to be a proper friendly wizard, he will stay as one permanently. If not, his roles will be removed.

Can you explain what a friendly wizard is supposed to do?

I'm actually not opposed to the idea on principle, I'm all for more benevolent roles on the station, but it'd be nice to have some more detail as to what would make a "friendly" wizard distinct from a normal one.
a healing spell, stamina regen buff spell, and maybe a disease cure spell would be nice

i remember a long time ago i decided to join the crew on a telescience expedition and i was a little bummed that none of my spells had no practical use in slaying mobs/helping the other people on the expedition
Allow the wizard spells to target mobs so we can have an honest to god dungeon crawl
(06-15-2016, 08:38 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Can you explain what a friendly wizard is supposed to do?

Friendly wizards are supposed to get attacked immediately and die.
Isn't that what the Chaplain is?
Also Santa Claus?

That said. Some harmless gimmick spells could be fun.

A spell that makes some harmless owls appear.

A spell that just fills an area with money. Bombing QM with money is always appreciated.

A spell that turns items into bread. What is turned into bread is up to the friendly wizard's discretion, but it can be anything from scrap to traitor items.

A spell that makes people glow in the dark.

A spell that triggers some of the genetics species that aren't cluwnes or monkeys. Like lizardperson or something. You can make someone into a lizard man now. "WHO WANTS TO BE A LIZARD?" Fixable with mutadone because friendly wizard isn't a jerk and the spell doesn't drop items or clothes.
(06-16-2016, 02:13 AM)MollyMillions Wrote: (video link)

Another fan of Mike Jittlov?
The problem with friendly wizards is the wizard round frequently only has wizards as the only antagonists. If they aren't antagonistic, the round doesn't really have an antagonist force, thus meaning the station is only at risk from general incompetence and misunderstandings.

That relates to the wizard antagonist as existing. The idea proposed here makes very little sense. Antagonists and/or admins can allow friendly wizards to join the round? I'm really not clear on this. I mean, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't enable friendly wizards as an antag at least a couple times, but I'm really heavily unclear on the proposed idea.