Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the bleeding and projectile embedding from darts.
I mean, the bleeding can stay, but it needs to be reduced, heavily. Being shot with 10 darts and bleeding out in 30 seconds shouldn't happen, realism or not. Projectile embedding for darts shouldn't even exist, they're fucking darts, not like they go 4 inches into your chest, you can just pull them out by hand.

Being killed because you got shot with empty darts and you're losing 10+ units of blood per interval and taking 10+ brute damage per interval is stupid.
(06-14-2016, 12:52 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: I mean, the bleeding can stay, but it needs to be reduced, heavily. Being shot with 10 darts and bleeding out in 30 seconds shouldn't happen, realism or not. Projectile embedding for darts shouldn't even exist, they're fucking darts, not like they go 4 inches into your chest, you can just pull them out by hand.

Being killed because you got shot with empty darts and you're losing 10+ units of blood per interval and taking 10+ brute damage per interval is stupid.

I'm not sure there are any "empty" darts on the station.

They all have either mutadone, haloperidol, or sodium thiopental inside of them.
(06-14-2016, 01:47 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 12:52 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: I mean, the bleeding can stay, but it needs to be reduced, heavily. Being shot with 10 darts and bleeding out in 30 seconds shouldn't happen, realism or not. Projectile embedding for darts shouldn't even exist, they're fucking darts, not like they go 4 inches into your chest, you can just pull them out by hand.

They all have either mutadone, haloperidol, or sodium thiopental inside of them.

Regardless of what they have in them, when you die to the darts themselves instead of the chemicals contained in them that's kinda ass.
(06-14-2016, 02:32 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 12:52 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: [snip]

Regardless of what they have in them, when you die to the darts themselves instead of the chemicals contained in them that's kinda ass.

I dunno, it kinda seems like having a bunch of sharp needles fired into your body at high velocity should probably cause bleeding.
(06-14-2016, 02:45 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 02:32 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 12:52 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: [snip]

I dunno, it kinda seems like having a bunch of sharp needles fired into your body at high velocity should probably cause bleeding.

Sure, but enough to cause you to bleed out in a minute? Coupled with how quickly the rifle fires, you can hit max bleed out in a few seconds.

By max bleed out I mean 10 per interval.
(06-14-2016, 12:52 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Projectile embedding for darts shouldn't even exist, they're fucking darts, not like they go 4 inches into your chest, you can just pull them out by hand.
What if darts were like stickers and layered on top of your sprite and needed to be pulled out?
(06-14-2016, 03:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 12:52 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Projectile embedding for darts shouldn't even exist, they're fucking darts, not like they go 4 inches into your chest, you can just pull them out by hand.
What if darts were like stickers and layered on top of your sprite and needed to be pulled out?

I'd be okay with that, either that or just a help intent and you have to stand still to do it or something.
I think it would be helpful if bleeding damage from the tranq rifle was lowered, though. It's currently more lethal than some actual traitor weapons, which feels a little off. Currently trigger-happy MDs really like emptying it on hapless assistants trespassing in medbay and leaving them to bleed out and die, whereas the one in the armory rarely gets used because even when there's a HOS around it's too lethal for normal sec work. Considering what the tranq darts already do, the bleeding damage is just overkill. If you lowered the bleeding damage you could make a case for moving the armory one out to sec proper so you have an actual counter to geneticists who use SMES human to make themselves taser-immune, and vigilante MDs become a little less murdery.