Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel and Glass no longer work in fabricators
When you reclaim steel and glass in a portable reclaimer (or using the forge, I believe I tested that as well) they no longer count towards conductive or crystal in any fabricators. This makes Robotics/Mechanics/Doctors jobs pretty hard as they can't mass produce a lot of the stuff they're expected to mass produce.

It may be related to the naming bug where things just come out as "bar" and such now, I'm not sure.
Steel isn't meant to count towards conductive anymore, neither is glass.

But glass is definitely still supposed to count as a crystal.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work as a crystal, since glass inherits the MATERIAL_CRYSTAL material flag from datum/material/crystal and you only need that flag for it to work in a fabricator.
are you using the reclaimer to feed the glass straight into the fab (clickdrag from reclaimer to the fab) or putting the bars out onto the floor and then inserting them?
The entire materials system is due for a proper rewrite imo.
(06-13-2016, 03:58 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: The entire materials system is due for a proper rewrite imo.

Of course, that'd be ideal. However, doing so would be a pretty massive undertaking.

Maybe not quite as massive as, say, rewriting atmos, but massive nonetheless.
(06-13-2016, 03:26 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: But glass is definitely still supposed to count as a crystal.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work as a crystal, since glass inherits the MATERIAL_CRYSTAL material flag from datum/material/crystal and you only need that flag for it to work in a fabricator.

Oh, I sort of assumed it wasn't because steel wasn't working. I figured they were both broken because I was told they were both supposed to work.
(06-13-2016, 04:35 PM)EMP Fingers Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 03:26 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: But glass is definitely still supposed to count as a crystal.

Oh, I sort of assumed it wasn't because steel wasn't working. I figured they were both broken because I was told they were both supposed to work.

Can you test it and make sure they're working?
Can confirm glass works as a crystal. Why is steel not supposed to be conductive then?
(06-13-2016, 05:08 PM)EMP Fingers Wrote: Can confirm glass works as a crystal. Why is steel not supposed to be conductive then?

It's been replaced by copper in wires.