Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom-Made Armor has no bullet protection and Improvised weapons do no damage.
I don't know if it's fixed on your end but when I tried to make custom armor even with 100% maxed compressive strength, bullets still do the full damage. Whereas if you equip something like the captain's armor, it'll reduce the bullet damage normally. As far as I know, however the melee protection on the armor works normally.

Improvised weapons simply do no damage, even if the things you make them out of do.

I'm not sure if these bugs are from the materials rework Noah made, but it's there nonetheless.
The improvised weapons were broken before the rework.

Shit, I should've included a fix for that.

But uh, the reason your armor isn't protecting against bullets is that you don't want compressive strength for bullet resistance.

armor_value_bullet = material.hasProperty(PROP_SHEAR) ? max((material.getProperty(PROP_SHEAR) - 50) / 25) + 1 : armor_value_bullet

You want shear strength. For Science!
Huh, you're right, okie doke. Wiki says it was for bullet protection, so I'll have to take and retest what the most effective bullet resistance material would be.
Ergh, I really need to revise the wiki.
Okay I tested it this time with a material with 70 shear strength, still didn't protect against bullets at all.
(06-13-2016, 05:42 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Okay I tested it this time with a material with 70 shear strength, still didn't protect against bullets at all.

What kind of bullets?

Did you get a message about the armor softening the hit?
(06-13-2016, 05:43 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 05:42 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Okay I tested it this time with a material with 70 shear strength, still didn't protect against bullets at all.

What kind of bullets?

I was doing it on a local hosted server, I spawned the SUV suit and it gave messages about softening hits, which it did, whereas the armor gave no messages and did nothing against bullets. If they were AP bullets then the SUV suit wouldn't do anything either, right?

Oh hey if you're gonna make a patch to fix this can you make carbonfiber obtainable too?
(06-13-2016, 05:46 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote:

What kind of bullets?

I was doing it on a local hosted server, I spawned the SUV suit and it gave messages about softening hits, which it did, whereas the armor gave no messages and did nothing against bullets. If they were AP bullets then the SUV suit wouldn't do anything either, right?

Unless you used my patch directly, the local server won't have the armor fixes.

(06-13-2016, 05:46 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Oh hey if you're gonna make a patch to fix this can you make carbonfiber obtainable too?

*scream
(06-13-2016, 05:55 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 05:46 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote:

What kind of bullets?

Unless you used my patch directly, the local server won't have the armor fixes.

(06-13-2016, 05:46 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Oh hey if you're gonna make a patch to fix this can you make carbonfiber obtainable too?

*scream

Well okay, I'll download the patch real quick and see if it's fixed there.

EDIT: Eh, won't compile, I'll see if a badmin will help me test things, or you can test it yourself.