Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kitchen Vendor has chef id restriction
Exclamation 
The kitchen vendor doesn't allow anyone but people with the appropriate ids to use it (chef or catering staff), which doesn't seem to be right considering that the liquor vendor works fine without ids.
(06-12-2016, 10:31 AM)sartorius Wrote: The kitchen vendor doesn't allow anyone but people with the appropriate ids to use it (chef or catering staff), which doesn't seem to be right considering that the liquor vendor works fine without ids.

With the current cafeteria setup, the barman is pretty much superfluous since the chef can access everything needed to do the barman's job and more.

I feel like this is probably not a bug, however.
IMO, let the bartender have kitchen access.
All a bartender would do is waste flour making prions for his drinks. At least this is all that happens in my experience when the kitchen door is open. Should you protest, he'll suddenly remember he has a riot shotgun.

I'd take restricted access to the bar area over having such rabble run rampant in my kitchen!

If anything, have the food vendor in the Space Diner be available to everyone.

edit: I'd also like to add that the chef has an actual reason to go into the bar, whereas the bartender has no real reason. The chef needs alcohol for cake icings, deep frying, while the bartender needs nothing.
The bartender has a gun and fancy hat collection, he doesn't need kitchen access, and the chef does need access to chems to make fun cakes.

The current id situation is fine. However, if you can't hack a kitchen vendor to remove the id requirement and access hidden foods, I suggest that be added.

Regardless, this isn't a bug
I don't really find it a hassle, but it could be made like the seed fab if there's a concern. It'd make the diner-goers time easier and wouldn't lower the security on the device all that much. I mean if somebody is gonna hack it then they were gonna do it regardless of shock risk.
this is not a bug, moving it
i think this would be very helpful and convenient and make things less of a pain in the balls and would make things fair since the chef renders the barman useless
Having done Barman and Chef, there are a few things Barman can't do without a Chef that is either willing to cooperate or exist. On Cog1 at least the food processor is locked inside the kitchen/freezer (can't remember if Barman gets freezer access), and you need to dump cherries in them for Maraschino cherries. I want my drinks to be classy! There's also one container of milk in the back area, but if that's used up the milk in the kitchen fridge is off-limits. I believe the produce chute from botany is also locked away in the kitchen in some maps (Cog1 and Cog2 I believe are OK regarding this).

I may be wrong on some of this, but I remember hitting some rough spots as Barman when I play him, especially when there is no one playing Chef.
(06-12-2016, 11:34 AM)Grek Wrote: IMO, let the bartender have kitchen access.

That's kinda how I feel about it. They're both food service jobs, so they oughta both have access to each others areas, barring personal effects lockers and what not
Barman is my main go-to job, and roughly 50% of rounds I either bother HOP for kitchen access, break in, or ask AI to bolt the kitchen-bar access open. Not it's not the worst, but it really shouldn't need to be worked around when they're arguable one department. You don't see one Medical Doctor with operating theatre access and another with pharmacy.