Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kerman Security Corporation
[Image: Logo-500x.png]

Hello friends, goons, and non-goons alike! Let me present to you my very own corporation started in space, just incorporated hours ago! The company is authorized to work in your local Nanotrasen space station, securing and protecting your assests, the whole banging thing, wow!

Since it's brand new, I'm hiring! Do join today!

Read about my corporation in the google docs provided below:

Company Information

http://kermansecurity.xyz/

Applying for this Private security firm

http://applying.kermansecurity.xyz/
I'm not sure if this is a wonderful idea or a terrible one. Either way, it's certain to be hilarious, so it gets my stamp of approval. hell yeah man
BYOND Name: babayetu83
In-game Name: Discount Dan
Timezone: EST
How long have you played Goonstation for?: too long
Could you say you have a decent amount of Security experience?: yes
Security experience (keep it under 500 words): i hate playing security since it's the most awful boring job in the game. i prefer playing detective
BYOND Name: Mega Paco
In-game Name: Geoff Goldman
Timezone:UTC
How Long have you played Goonstation for: A couple years now
Could say have a decent amount of security experience?: Security is the job that I have the most experience with.
Security Experience: I like to wear the cool black coat as HoS, get addicted to nicotine, and beat up crime.
BYOND Name: TheNewTeddy
In-game Name: Teddy something(always changing it up)
Timezone: Eastern
How Long have you played Goonstation for: signed up 2 years ago, actually played for 9 months here and there?
Could say have a decent amount of security experience?: Bwhahahahaha, no.
Security Experience: People keep stealing my weapons and I need to chase after them.
BYOND Name: Ed Venture
In-game Name: Bob Ludwig
Timezone:Central
How long have you played Goonstation for?: Almost been seven years now since I started playing
Could say have a decent amount of security experience?: Security is pretty much the only Job I play now
Security Experience: Been playing the job for years now. I try to treat people fair while dealing out harsh punishments.
BYOND Name: WrongEndoftheRainbow
In-game Name: Cosmoman Dan
Timezone: CST
How long have you played Goonstation for?: I dunno like 2 years maybe
Could you say you have a decent amount of Security experience?: I HoS sometimes
Security experience (keep it under 500 words): I can gibself plus one time I almost crashed the server with farts, all in the name of stopping crime
So I'm curious, how is this supposed to actually work in-game? Doesn't this err a little bit on the edge of metagaming?
(06-11-2016, 08:36 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I'm not sure if this is a wonderful idea or a terrible one. Either way, it's certain to be hilarious, so it gets my stamp of approval. hell yeah man

I've talked to a few admins about this, a few like it, I don't know how the rest of goonstation feels. I'm not going to let it become cliquey, a private club, or even worse things like a grief squad/deathsquad. This is supposed to be a roleplay thing for everyone, not a club, or whatever.

to Mageziya: I don't see how it could be borderline metagaming, unless if you're talking about using mics/chat outside of the game. People *could* do that without my knowing unforunately. But people could already do that to begin with. An admin already told me he'll deal with shitty people if it comes to it.

We'll have to see how this works out. I've already had a few trials, it seems like it's do-able.
So uh...

What exactly is the point of this though?
Is it supposed to be like, a cross round, volunteer security service gimmick? Like, wearing a certain set of items and working for this company during rounds when you feel like it?
(06-11-2016, 04:49 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: So uh...

What exactly is the point of this though?

Dions helped me clarify what this thing is about, cause I wasn't even too sure to begin with. I made this really as an excuse to roleplay, but I think now it's more refined:

Quote:(meta): In-game, the goal of this group is to have fun and roleplay, seeking out contract work for the company by securing people’s departments, persons, or what have you. In-game and out of game, this group would bring together people, hopefully being more involved, and coordinating and such as a security team. This is a mini-community for security players in general to talk shop, discuss security, teach each other, and train with each other. This is not meant to be a club or clique.

on top of that, check out the services that the company provides! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KfQx...bslq745jad
BYOND Name: Zafh
In-game Name: Reset Naywalk
Timezone:  UTC
How long have you played Goonstation for?: About 3-4 years? Sometime around early cogmap1.
Could you say you have a decent amount of Security experience?: I play sec as an officer often, less as a HoS.
Security experience (keep it under 500 words): Playing with different attires while still looking like security is pretty fun. Stop crime? what's that?
This is an excellent idea. And fuck I really don't think goonstation security of all things would get cliquey. Most good sec teams are the ones that are communicating, and that is tangent to the actual players themselves.The best security players on goon are the ones that don't take their job too seriously. The only thing I would imagine this doing that would have somewhat negative connotations is forming some sort of cult of personality (god i hate that term) but instead of an individual, it'd form over a particular group (i.e: Billy, Bob and Barry play sec as a group all the time, robusting shit). Then you could argue that this would give antagonists are harder time which is a good thing because currently rounds are weighted very much in the antagonists favor. also implementing secborgs would add another positive dynamic

My only question is: How is this done other than application? Do we meet up at chat in a private IRC? Do we hold regular security meetings in-game and out and faff about? 

Anyhoo:

BYOND Name: Sundance420
In-game Name: Sundance Feely
Timezone:UTC
How long have you played Goonstation for?: Since the days of donut 2
Could say have a decent amount of security experience?: I play some other roles, but I always find myself rolling HoS alot because I've security down to an almost autistic level.
Security Experience: I'm bretty gud d00d. I bench 200kg and squat staff assistants. I chug meth and slap cuffed unarmed men silly. I also die on the regular. What kills you makes you stronger.. right?
Thanks everyone for showing interest by sending in applications, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the community but I'm real glad people are interested in this. By the way, the only reason I'm having applications is so I can, hopefully, filter out baddies. That was the goal anyway.

Please use the updated template below, new applicants:

BYOND Name:
In-game Name:
Timezone:
Provide a way we can contact you:
How long have you played Goonstation for?:
Could you say you have a decent amount of Security experience?:
Your experience as security:
Tell us what your rulebook is as an officer, everyone’s is a little different!:

(06-12-2016, 03:49 AM)Sundance Wrote: words

Hey Sundance! There is an IRC on the same network that goonstation is on, irc.synirc.net, called #ksc Join us! kirex is there and other real cool potato people. We'll probably have security meetings in IRC, I didn't think about in-game but we could do that too instead, or both.