Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add instuructions to the arrival shuttle
A lot of newer players have been having trouble trying to get onto the station lately. So I thought it would be a good idea to have a few posters or some kind of note with instructions on how to get onto the station. I even made  quick little instructions for it.

1. Stand on desired teleportation pad and click it.

2. Choose teleportation desired teleportation destination
2A. Optionally preview teleportation destination and make sure there are no danger hazards.

3. After selecting destination click the "teleport" button at the top of the teleportation menu.

4. Have fun!
(06-08-2016, 04:44 PM)Megapaco Wrote: A lot of newer players have been having trouble trying to get onto the station lately. So I thought it would be a good idea to have a few posters or some kind of note with instructions on how to get onto the station. I even made  quick little instructions for it.

1. Stand on desired teleportation pad and click it.

2. Choose teleportation desired teleportation destination
2A. Optionally preview teleportation destination and make sure there are no danger hazards.

3. After selecting destination click the "teleport" button at the top of the teleportation menu.

4. Have fun!

IMO you should just be giving the list of teleport pads from the Join Round button. I don't really see a reason to have the shuttle at all.
Nah, the shuttle makes a nice area to stretch your legs in before diving in. I like it.

I'd even go so far as to say it wouldn't be a bad idea to expand the area a little to include an optional training course type thing to teach basic controls for new people.
(06-08-2016, 06:58 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Nah, the shuttle makes a nice area to stretch your legs in before diving in. I like it.

I'd even go so far as to say it wouldn't be a bad idea to expand the area a little to include an optional training course type thing to teach basic controls for new people.

This sounds fun
Thumbs Up 
(06-08-2016, 07:30 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 06:58 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Nah, the shuttle makes a nice area to stretch your legs in before diving in. I like it.

This sounds fun

Yeah tutorial mode, plus maybe even a medal for completing it the first time. It doesn't have to be thorough, just enough detail that most of the other in game systems will get learned naturally. 

If you do it more then once maybe a in game npc could be like "Oh you're back, guess you want a refresher."
This sounds pretty sweet, and would definitely be good for new players who are too shy to ask or don't know about mentorhelp.
I'll see about adding a butan to the main menu when I get free time to go to a tutorial VR area