Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trash Compactor Brains
Just a little bug I noticed with the brains left over from the traitor janitor's trash cart. Basically these brains will give the message about not being suitable to use when you try and put them into a cyborg head, despite the player being dead.

It's pretty easy to replicate, just put someone into a trash cart, take the brain that's left over and try to put it into a cyborg head.

This might just be a feature though. Sad eng101
sounds intended. it wouldnt be a very good traitor item if it left your victims borgable. but the brain probably shouldnt be getting separated from the player's meatcube like that.
Doesn't sound intended to me. However, brains are considered unusable if their player sets dnr. Maybe that's what happened?
The player his mind variable is transfered into the meat cube for a short moment, which means that the brain no longer contains a proper mind variable, feature imo
The brains were in the trash bin, they're too dirty to use. Throw those things out.
(06-09-2016, 11:15 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: The player his mind variable is transfered into the meat cube for a short moment, which means that the brain no longer contains a proper mind variable, feature imo

It feels too hacky and confusing to be a feature.

I say these brains should definitely be borgable for three reasons.

1. It saves metal from being wasted
  2. It's already really frustrating to deal with jani-carts as it is. A skilled cart user can depopulate nearly the entire station. If the brains aren't borgable, then all those people are effectively stuck as a ghost for the rest of the round unless they got pre-emptively scanned in the cloner. 
  3. Turning the brains into borgs serves to counter mad meatcubers because borgs can't be cubed. Thus, the more people die to the cart, the more angry robots the janitor will have to deal with.