Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned by Zewaka
Who banned you?: Zewaka
Byond Key: SuperbDingaling
Date of Ban: Today
Specified Reason for Ban: Chill out, its just a game. Don't attempt to murder people and kick out anyone you want (especially a superior officer) out of genetics.
Ban Length: 24 Hours

What led to the ban?
The Head of Personnel in that round (Whom I forget the name of)  was in genetics doing my job and not his, given that the Destiny server enforces a bit of RP, I tried to convince him to actually go to his desk and do his job, he refused. He kept refusing even after the captain gave a direct order for everyone to stay out of genetics unless absolutely necessary or of it were part of their job, which it was part of mine. By then I had gotten the set of mutations I wanted, so I let him be and did some telescience adventures, after I got back I had to run to genetics for some mutadone to counter some genetics stability problems I was having, I was trying to get more stabilizer chromosomes to counter the stability loss from the mutations. During this time the HoP was still in genetics and he kept repeatedly opening the monkey cage while the monkies were trying to attack me because I kept injecting my test subject, not once, but three times. I was tired of almost getting killed repeatedly by this guy that I put him in a choke to get him stunned and on the floor, drug him out of genetics, and took his ID after making sure he wouldn't be dying. I did give him his ID after he got up and warned him not to step foot in genetics again.

This may not have any bearing on whether or not what I did was justifiable or not, but the dude made no effort to RP during the entire round, had a bit of trouble speaking english, and was using smiley faces in chat and over the radio. His own words being "im brazilian".

Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I personally don't think the ban was justified, it feels like Zewaka didn't even investigate any of the circumstances surrounding what happened at all and just disregarded anything I said. I didn't try to murder him at all like it says in the ban appeal, I choked him to stun him and tossed him out the door without an ID, I even scanned him with a medical scanner to check and see if he was alright. Kicking people out willy-nilly is one thing, but removing someone who's a constant danger because he has no idea what he's doing is another.

Evasion Attempts: None
Okay.
There are two computers in the Genetics room on the Destiny map. This implies two people can be in genetics at the same time, researching stuff. The HoP on Destiny does not really have much of a 'job', as ID change requests are rare. This means most HOPs can wander about and either help people with their job or do whatever they want. Now, let's talk about the RP involved in this situation. If an officer that's a higher rank than you walks into your room, I don't think your first word to him should be: "Go do your job, not mine" or perhaps "So nobody would mind if I forcefully booted the HoP out of genetics, right?" or even "Nah, I kinda hate your guts." This ruins the spirit of RP, he even offered you a paper to explain him being there.

Many people from many parts of the world play this game, providing us a great community. Just because someone does not speak english that well, does not mean they are not intelligent. Who knows, that could be their third language, especially coming from Brazil. As far as the rules go, you broke the second part of the RP rule "Don't be an awful person." which the relevant part is: "Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little to no justification is against the rules." It also mentions later that conflicts should escalate, not go to crazy-mode right off the bat as you kicking him out did. The RP rule "Chain-of-command and security are important." also needs to be considered. Per our wiki article on the Chain-of-command, the HoP and HoS are both OVER the department heads. This means that even if you were the 'Interim Medical Director' as you claimed, you would still be under his jurisdiction. I'm not sure you would want to greet someone of such a high status by choking them out and stealing their ID and refusing to give it back. Nor would you scream out on the radio: "If the HoP comes back into genetics without permission I'm sticking him in the blender." or "FUCK OFF, IF YOU COME BACK, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE, BY MY GODDAMN HAND."

Lastly, it's only a dayban. Have a good rest of your day.
(06-05-2016, 04:32 PM)zewaka Wrote: Okay.
There are two computers in the Genetics room on the Destiny map. This implies two people can be in genetics at the same time, researching stuff. The HoP on Destiny does not really have much of a 'job', as ID change requests are rare. This means most HOPs can wander about and either help people with their job or do whatever they want.
That's fine, I guess, but the fact that he completely disregarded a direct order from the captain for everyone nonessential to genetics to leave kinda breaks RP too, doesn't it?

Quote:Now, let's talk about the RP involved in this situation. If an officer that's a higher rank than you walks into your room, I don't think your first word to him should be: "Go do your job, not mine" or perhaps "So nobody would mind if I forcefully booted the HoP out of genetics, right?" or even "Nah, I kinda hate your guts." This ruins the spirit of RP, he even offered you a paper to explain him being there.
Words are words, if he had a problem with the way I was speaking to him, then he should have talked to security or something or escalate like you said you're supposed to do. Not to mention he didn't even offer a paper to me to explain anything, he forged it with a geneticists stamp. I literally saw him do it right next to me.

Quote:Many people from many parts of the world play this game, providing us a great community. Just because someone does not speak english that well, does not mean they are not intelligent. Who knows, that could be their third language, especially coming from Brazil.
Yeah I understand that, bad on my part

Quote: As far as the rules go, you broke the second part of the RP rule "Don't be an awful person." which the relevant part is: "Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little to no justification is against the rules." It also mentions later that conflicts should escalate, not go to crazy-mode right off the bat as you kicking him out did. The RP rule "Chain-of-command and security are important." also needs to be considered. Per our wiki article on the Chain-of-command, the HoP and HoS are both OVER the department heads. This means that even if you were the 'Interim Medical Director' as you claimed, you would still be under his jurisdiction.
Almost being killed by monkies this guy let loose three times isn't a serious negative impact? If anything what I did was less severe than what he did. I even made sure he was okay. I only choked him out and took his ID because after the third time I was a bit fed up that he was still in there even though the captain forbade anyone nonessential in genetics. I didn't end his round, I didn't even bring him into crit, and I even gave him his ID back after a bit.

Quote: I'm not sure you would want to greet someone of such a high status by choking them out and stealing their ID and refusing to give it back. Nor would they scream out on the radio: "If the HoP comes back into genetics without permission I'm sticking him in the blender." or "FUCK OFF, IF YOU COME BACK, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE, BY MY GODDAMN HAND."
I never greeted him by choking him out, I only did that to get him out after he released the aforementioned monkies. The opinion of him across the entire station was less than stellar.