Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
o yeah. something ive noticed as a med borg occasionally when there is a large ongoing infestation of poisonous crtters/someone going hog wild with a sleepypen/lings who are having trouble sealing the deal with their victims/bad radiation-related occurrences - the charcoal reserve tank goes empty and never replenishes. giving such med reserves a regen rate would be a good help.

oh, and as for borgs equipped with welders, maybe have their welders become electric welders that run off their battery rather than needing to be topped up from welding fuel tanks, because people really like blowing those sometimes and wasting all the weld fuel
(07-01-2016, 12:58 AM)misto Wrote: o yeah. something ive noticed as a med borg occasionally when there is a large ongoing infestation of poisonous crtters/someone going hog wild with a sleepypen/lings who are having trouble sealing the deal with their victims/bad radiation-related occurrences - the charcoal reserve tank goes empty and never replenishes. giving such med reserves a regen rate would be a good help.

oh, and as for borgs equipped with welders, maybe have their welders become electric welders that run off their battery rather than needing to be topped up from welding fuel tanks, because people really like blowing those sometimes and wasting all the weld fuel

I considered giving borgs arc welders, but welding tool code is a mess, and I don't really want to screw with it.
I have a lot of free time tomorrow, so expect a lot of progress!
HOLY SHIT, EVERYTHING BUT THE BROBOT'S MAGICAL CRAYON THING IS DONE.

I also need to incorporate sundance's sprites into this, but dream maker is being a pain in the ass and won't let me import them  Argh!

Progress so far: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s?expand=1
and while youre at it be sure to let roundstart borgs start with 15k cells. even mere ghost drones receive this gift ;_;
this makes me so happy, what you are doing here, noah
i like playing borg and now i will like it Even More Than That
dear folks: please patch this in when it's confirmed to work relatively nicely

edit: clearly, you should make it so if a borg dies/is gibbed, they drop the tool they were using/a few random ones (sound synthesizer, food fabricator, omnitool) for carbons to use and probably break the game horribly with
(07-03-2016, 07:51 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: this makes me so happy, what you are doing here, noah
i like playing borg and now i will like it Even More Than That
dear folks: please patch this in when it's confirmed to work relatively nicely

edit: clearly, you should make it so if a borg dies/is gibbed, they drop the tool they were using/a few random ones (sound synthesizer, food fabricator, omnitool) for carbons to use and probably break the game horribly with

I can confidently say that the game would indeed break horribly, especially in the case of civbots and brobots.
nice (ok-hand emoji)
incidentally what was the rationale for making brobocops? the fact they're shitty rentacops is good though because i play brobot as a chill-role
(07-03-2016, 09:11 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: nice (ok-hand emoji)
incidentally what was the rationale for making brobocops? the fact they're shitty rentacops is good though because i play brobot as a chill-role

There are a few reasons behind that decision.

First, brobots already have sirens on the noise maker and a mood light with a siren feature.

Second, they can vend donuts using the food synthesizer.

Third, the pun name.

Fourth, it's pretty lame to pick brobot only to find yourself forced into a situation where you have to be useful. 

Fifth, I couldn't bring myself to make a dedicated security module, even in name only. The stigma attached to secborgs is far too great to permit that.
do I spy a fucking cheese sandwich grenade in the brobocop's code
also i would love to see sundance's sprites for this
(07-03-2016, 11:25 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: do I spy a fucking cheese sandwich grenade in the brobocop's code
also i would love to see sundance's sprites for this

Whoops, that's an artifact.

I worked on this patch all day yesterday, so as the day wore on, I probably made some errors due to fatigue.

I'll have to go through and clean it up, I'm sure.

Although a cheese sandwich grenade is a great idea and would not be hard to implement.
i hope the anti-cleaner grenade is legit though because that looks funny as hell
can that (&& the other "malfunctioning" traits) only be accessed via emag
(07-03-2016, 12:25 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: i hope the anti-cleaner grenade is legit though because that looks funny as hell
can that (&& the other "malfunctioning" traits) only be accessed via emag

The anti-cleaner grenade is real, yes.

I considered having them accessible only via emag, but that felt too powerful since you need the direct cooperation of the borg in order to emag the fabricators. Thus, you're already guaranteed to have someone with arms and murderous intent to use those grenades.

Instead, it works like the brobot's sound synthesizer, where it has a very low chance to malfunction each time you switch grenade types. This results in hilarious scenarios like the following:

Officer Securityman: Borg, I need a flashbang to flush this guy out.
Deputy Brobocop: Straight away sir.

And then a banana grenade just plops onto the floor.
Been super busy, really like that this is coming along. I'll get working on some more sprites this evening.

Good call amalgamating sec module and brobot module, including incorporating the wifflebat into the cardboard tube, siren into the noisemaker/mood light. Was a bit hesitant reading it at first as I was afraid the general idea was to be neutered so to speak, but it's seems that it would play out very nicely.

Also really like the chem dispenser idea. It's removing bloat + giving chembot a unique item.

Queries/further balancing suggestions:
- Who has the ordinary grenade dispenser? I couldn't make that out from reviewing the code/missed it.
- Does brobocop now have a omnitool?
- Seen as brobocop is amalgamated, i'd suggest giving the cell cables to civbot instead.
- Regarding brobocops probablility items, seen as they're rarely used and they're taking up two spots (bloat grr), what would you think of giving it a magic-8 ball instead? (which is more fun and would work with brobocop)
- I'd like you to reconsider the ticketing device. I'm not sure how it'd break any laws, you're not creating any human harm and if someone orders you to stop, then the nearest security personnel could override that order, lest it's someone higher up. If anything, let it just be ticketing, not fining.
- The large satchel, i'm not sure if i'm reading the code right, but can it scoop up ANY item? If so, restrict it to small items.
- Thoughts on the surgical laser? Curious if perhaps I missed it or you feel it needs to be omitted?
- Regarding the industrial/heavy chainsaw, is the break resistance nullified/whatever? Reading through the code there's a comment about not increasing damage, agreed, i didn't want it to retain more damage, but rather have it so it wont break if used as a weapon.

And a ton of other questions that I probably can't think of just yet, but will probably notice when this patch rolls out eventually (*scream)
Sundance can we see the existing sprites or no
Also I support ticketers for borgs so I can annoy the geneticists