Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
Thought of a few suggestions, sorry if these have already been implemented:

- have the portable seed fabricator grass up the floor when hitting the floor while it's set to grass.

- emagged medborgs should also have emagged hyposprays

- last I checked the standard borg pen couldn't actually be used to write on walls so this should probably be fixed

- an internal chem dispenser is probably way too overpowered for a chemborg, but an internal heater would be nice.
What's this, more click dragging operations? Noah you angel sop babys

Roomba Wrote:Thought of a few suggestions, sorry if these have already been implemented:

- have the portable seed fabricator grass up the floor when hitting the floor while it's set to grass.

- emagged medborgs should also have emagged hyposprays

- last I checked the standard borg pen couldn't actually be used to write on walls so this should probably be fixed

- an internal chem dispenser is probably way too overpowered for a chemborg, but an internal heater would be nice.
1. I don't know how balanced that'd be. You'd end up people choosing civbots and then suddenly the station is mostly grass. Y'know maybe not such a bad idea after some deliberation, but I'll leave it up to Noah.
2. Definitely not. Medborgs are already very powerful module and can wreck a crewmembers day. It does not need any more advantage and emagging is not meant to buff a borg any more than its current.
3. Yes. The magi-pen idea allows borgs to use crayons too!
4. An internal heater might have some unforeseen unbalances. Chem-nerds weigh in.
If you end up with an army of civbots grassing up the entire station, then...well, the station's a little greener. It's not like grassing up tiles significantly impedes the station's functioning in any way.

As for the heater, I think chemborgs need a little more to distinguish them. As it stands a medborg is a superior chemborg for the most part - you get one more large beaker and the ability to be actually helpful. I think it's better to err on the side of giving borgs more tools than less - after all no matter how much they have, it still pales to whatever a human in the same situation is capable of.
Roomba Wrote:I think chemborgs need a little more to distinguish them... think it's better to err on the side of giving borgs more tools than less - after all no matter how much they have, it still pales to whatever a human in the same situation is capable of.

Absolutely agree. Lots of more tools for borgs, but amalgamated so it makes them quick at their job. The base chems reservoirs was one thing that would make a chem borg better/efficient at their job, as would an internal heater for sure too, both being unique to the module.
That said when I say "unforeseen unbalances" I don't mean: "Hey I hope this doesn't mean chemborgs are going to synthesise chemicals quicker"
I mean "Hey will allowing chemborgs the ability to heat/cool chemicals on the fly have a destructive force that's unbalanced?"
And that is a question btw, because I genuinely do not know
Edit: Again, you could tie the internal heater into battery too.
I have a special idea for chemborgs, but we'll see how feasible it is before I say anything else about it.

EDIT:

I need some input from a coder here.

Since a lot of chemicals got changed after the public release, I'd like to know if if the value var for most reagents is still the same as in the byond 510 release.
(06-21-2016, 07:40 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I need some input from a coder here.

Since a lot of chemicals got changed after the public release, I'd like to know if if the value var for most reagents is still the same as in the byond 510 release.

Yes.
ChemBorgs can already do self-heating reactions away from the heater using pyrosium. The only real "new" addition would be letting ChemBorgs synthesize ice on demand if you also give them a cooling function to their heater.
Secret chemborg project reveal:

I'm working on a device that lets any chemborg duplicate a scanned chemical mix into a pill or patch for a huge power cost that scales based upon the value, complexity, utility, and lethality of the chemical mix that was scanned.

For an idea of the kind of scaling I'm talking about, let's give some examples.

Plain old synthflesh patches will be relatively easy to mass produce, and a single battery charge should let you make around 12-15 of them.

At the extreme end of the scale, anima (the most valuable chemical) will likely require an artifact cell just to duplicate a single unit.
if chemborgs can cook up synthflesh that easy they may drive medborgs out of business, save for when medborgs can do surgery

oh yeah, and give medborgs some kind of respirator and/or salbutamol tank, epinephrine and the defib isnt always enough to bring someone back from oxy damage even if you pull them into a room with air in it. you really miss being able to do cpr sometimes when you dont have lungs

something for delivering sleeping gas would be good too, for doing augmentation surgeries, but youd have to make sure it doesnt kick in too quick or it would just be used as a knockout weapon
(06-22-2016, 07:45 PM)misto Wrote: if chemborgs can cook up synthflesh that easy they may drive medborgs out of business, save for when medborgs can do surgery

The reason it only dispenses in patches and pills is so the borg itself can't use them.

Only humans can.
Actually, I'm scrapping the chem replicator idea since it's turned out to be ridiculously hard to balance, even in testing.

I'm all ears for another idea.
I think I finally got the click-drag oven to work.
Give medborgs an item or a verb a la Miranda Rights for sec that lets them say "HEY SHITBIRD SIT STILL SO I CAN HEAL YOU". Viciously hunting down the crew so they don't die is annoying.
(06-29-2016, 10:47 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Give medborgs an item or a verb a la Miranda Rights for sec that lets them say "HEY SHITBIRD SIT STILL SO I CAN HEAL YOU". Viciously hunting down the crew so they don't die is annoying.

I might give a prerecorded message thing to all borgs.

Maybe.

I want to get everything else out of the way, then I'll see if still sounds like a good idea.
(06-29-2016, 10:47 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Give medborgs an item or a verb a la Miranda Rights for sec that lets them say "HEY SHITBIRD SIT STILL SO I CAN HEAL YOU". Viciously hunting down the crew so they don't die is annoying.

I am going to set it to the exact same thing as what medibots say but in all caps. Maybe the added aggression will emphasise that it's a borg and not just a dinky little robot, with the content of the message belying intent.

That or I'll hear everyone scream and sprint the fuck away as if humanoid machines talking like medibots somehow bodes ill or something. But what would ever have given people that idea?