Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
(06-12-2016, 08:29 AM)somepotato Wrote: I was writing a borg module awhile back that let people ride on the back of em, should finish that.

I would love that.
misto Wrote:the secbot might benefit from a syringe, beaker and welder for ling blood test purposes. or a bottle of vodka instead of the welder, since ling blood makes bloody scary.

also i dont know if you saw my idea to let some bots intended for outside work like the minebot, maybe construction bot, recharge their battery off of the engine power of a pod rather than having to stroll all the way to a recharge station but i think its a kool idea. it might demand that some of the pod systems be shut off in order for there to be leftover power if you like.
I prefer the vodka idea, but only the vodka and syringe, so he'll have to find a glass lying around.
The latter idea is cool, but I'm not too sure how it'd work, code wise. Currently pods power isn't really implemented in pods, but I suppose you could do something FTL'like where activating it in a pod while having pod systems shut down would charge a borg.

Mageziya Wrote:Give the sec bot a zippo lighter instead of a welder, as it can accomplish the same thing without the extreme scope of what welders are capable of, and also thematically fits.
Well I gave it a welder to fight the blob, heat blood, weld doors.. I feel a secborg kinda needs this extreme scope.
somepotato Wrote:I was writing a borg module awhile back that let people ride on the back of em, should finish that.
That'd be pretty cool tool for the miningborg, kind of already fits into crate deployment thingy.
Also noah check yo pm's
I checked my PM's.

Nothing was there.

Edit: never mind, came through as soon as I posted this.
I'm still working on that goddamn omnitool.

On the bright side, I discovered the miracle of mass indentation.

Edit: finished the code for the omnitool itself.

That only leaves the grueling task of going through and manually changing nearly every single reference to crowbars, wrenches, screwdrivers, wirecutters, and multitools.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Well i gon' and sprited the omnitool
[Image: XE0gUh4.png]
[Image: 3zN6had.png]
[Image: QmTw4VJ.png]
[Image: rsaANZ3.png]
[Image: ZohJAuh.png]
I'm tempted to do transition sprites, like this:
[Image: 4Qc01aP.gif]
But it's a lotta effort. I'll get to it eventually.

And the unilyzer
[Image: Nh3resq.gif]
[Image: TGIQHC1.gif]
[Image: vq2vozs.gif]
bigger image
[Image: xseKMgE.gif]
(06-13-2016, 12:27 PM)Sundance Wrote: Well i gon' and sprited the omnitool
[Image: XE0gUh4.png]
[Image: 3zN6had.png]
[Image: QmTw4VJ.png]
[Image: rsaANZ3.png]
[Image: ZohJAuh.png]
I'm tempted to do transition sprites, like this:
[Image: 4Qc01aP.gif]
But it's a lotta effort. I'll get to it eventually.

And the unilyzer
[Image: Nh3resq.gif]
[Image: TGIQHC1.gif]
[Image: vq2vozs.gif]

The crowbar sprite looks kinda weird, but, other than that, the omnitool looks great!

If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to get two more reagent scan sprites for the unilyzer?

The current chem reagent scanner has 3 sprites, one for null reagents, one for a reagent result with no reagents, and one for a reagent result with at least one reagent.

As regards transition sprites, they're cool, but by no means necessary.

Anyway, I really appreciate what you're doing!
[Image: 7wDyO1U.gif]
[Image: 0zHpeKB.gif]
[Image: SNH8uXL.gif]
Null, one reading, least one reading, in that order.
[Image: rFnfyNy.gif]
[Image: 3wLOPyq.gif]
[Image: gplhzGH.gif]
And yeah i'll rework the crowbar.
(06-13-2016, 01:12 PM)Sundance Wrote: [Image: 7wDyO1U.gif]
[Image: 0zHpeKB.gif]
[Image: SNH8uXL.gif]
Null, one reading, least one reading, in that order.
[Image: rFnfyNy.gif]
[Image: 3wLOPyq.gif]
[Image: gplhzGH.gif]
And yeah i'll rework the crowbar.

They're perfect!

Well, I just finished replacing all the multitool references that needed replacing.

Fortunately, there were only 21.

But good lord, there's apparently 110 files that reference screwdrivers.
Who would've thought that omnitool would be the hardest part of this whole entire patch to code?
Holy shit, I finally finished the omnitool.

Praise the Lord.
I've been busy lately, so I haven't been able to work on this for a few days.

Expect some progress today though.
I am having a hard time making ovens click-drag compatible without also making humans compatible with ovens.

Why, I have no idea.
the enzymatic reclaimer has code to reject live humans, doesnt it? perhaps that could help
(06-20-2016, 06:26 PM)misto Wrote: the enzymatic reclaimer has code to reject live humans, doesnt it? perhaps that could help

I tried that, but the darn thing just keeps inexplicably accepting mobs.

Mysterious happenings!

OH YEAH.

Here's the changes so far, minus the work on the oven: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...borg-fixes
remember to make pod maintenance hatches clickdraggable too, so mining borgs can fire up the drillpod on their own.