Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
I love how this thread/patch has been going for nearly a year now, please finish this
please, the borgs beg for tools, they want to be good
they want to have new stuff . .
Shameless bump in vain hopes of someone completing this.
Call to action:
If anyone wishes to complete this, you'll need to contact amaranthineApocalypse for further info. Quite frankly, this is such a siginificant patch that it could be released as it stands, just debug it and remove any of the half finished features. A large majority is already coded/sprited. Anything that was left out, I can make a second thread to tackle it, if needs/motivation is high enough.
With AI cameras being overhauled and ghost drones talking to deadchat, the silicon trifecta would be completed if borgs got upgraded
(pay no attention to floorbot's screams)

(10-05-2017, 02:53 AM)Sundance Wrote: Call to action:
[...]just debug it and remove any of the half finished features. A large majority is already coded/sprited. Anything that was left out, I can make a second thread to tackle it, if needs/motivation is high enough.

please do
Omnitools are now a thing, until a coder points out how horrendous my implementation is and I have to revert it. I'm going to leave it at that for a bit, to see if anything needs tweaking, before adding unilyzers/the medical omnitool.

It's worth noting that the implementation differed significantly from the patch here, and is a bit more modular so should be nicer for future stuff.

I didn't see a sprite for the omnitool anywhere, so just made my own. If someone's got a nicer one, do share.
fuck yeah, nice mordent. im pretty sure whoever was continuing this patch got struck by the curse so...
I'm kinda on hiatus for the moment, need to take a break from SS13, mainly the forums. Eats into my free time and makes me grump.

Briefly stepping out to yell angry support and a fierce thumbs up for implementing some of this mordent. Also, regarding sprites for the omni-tool, page 8 onwards features a bunch of spriting work (including animated unilyser)

[Image: RYg59sc.png]
[Image: DgVDXBv.png]
[Image: JKQOuQL.png]
[Image: tOoa2tr.png]
[Image: QKMtTxx.png]
Yell if there's anything else you need.
Uhhhhhhhh are construction borgs supposed to have a welder or not, I can't recall
I feel like they'd be able to use one but that's not in their tools/the multitool
(11-05-2017, 04:07 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Uhhhhhhhh are construction borgs supposed to have a welder or not, I can't recall
I feel like they'd be able to use one but that's not in their tools/the multitool

from memory only engineering borgs have welders? construction should though
If memory serves correctly, only engineering. Welding can be used to fix structural damage on a borg, I can see why they'd try to make engineering more enticing and constructing less useful.
Silly really because a few actions used in construction requires a welder.

In my original suggestion, both construction and engineering are merged, but the welder was kept separate from the omnitool for a few minor balancing reasons.
Screw balancing reasons, practical reasons kick in, as the welding tool has an action associated with clicking on it already (on/off), whereas the other tools don't so they can cycle easily.

Other than the omnitool, nothing else was changed (yet). Other stuff (like merging modules, unilyzer, better surgical stuff) are to come. This thing was a massive refactor on its own.
Just a heads up: we're not totally dead yet.

AmaranthineApocalypse and I have been working on this behind the scenes.

As it stands, the project is nearly complete. All that's left to be done is to fix some bugs and add sprites.

Once I find the time, I will make a post containing a list of all the bugs we identified during our last collaborative testing session.
So will the engineer borg have an omni tool and then a separate welder tool? Seems like the best way to go about it if you don't want to add welding to the omnitool (and for good reason)
(11-06-2017, 06:10 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: So will the engineer borg have an omni tool and then a separate welder tool? Seems like the best way to go about it if you don't want to add welding to the omnitool (and for good reason)

I would imagine so, yep.

Re: Noah's and AA's work, please hit me up on IRC/Discord to go over what you're doing; by virtue of how this thing works, the most bang-for-the-buck from you guys would be implementing the new cyborg tools over the combo-tools, to the point that I'd even suggest putting the new tools into their own branch so that they can be examined in isolation.