Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
(05-31-2017, 07:52 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Does destroying the borg cause the crates/canisters to fall out?

Also, one crate is more than enough. Keep in mind it's essentially two since the borg can always drag another crate.

On your first point: Nope. But even still I'd hate to resort to killing a borg just because he stole something. Remember that a borg could be just following a weird law and not actually harming anyone.

On your second point, that's the crux of my debate: if a janitor sweeps all your shit into his cart, you can knock him the fuck out and steal the cart. You can't do that when the crate is INSIDE.
(05-31-2017, 07:58 AM)Sundance Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 07:52 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Does destroying the borg cause the crates/canisters to fall out?

Also, one crate is more than enough. Keep in mind it's essentially two since the borg can always drag another crate.

On your second point, that's the crux of my debate: if a janitor sweeps all your shit into his cart, you can knock him the fuck out and steal the cart. You can't do that when the crate is INSIDE.

For some reason, I forgot borgs could pull things.

I am not sure how I did that.
(05-31-2017, 07:15 AM)Sundance Wrote: -Valid Issues-

Brobocop
  • Like Noah said, the siren will be a UI button. Hopefully. Once i've managed to get it to work.
  • Sure, that works, i'll change the name back to Wifflebat then
  • I'm not sure about the current rate of stamina loss currently as stamina bars for non-player mobs seem to be weird and i'm yet to rope a friend in to help me test it. In theory though, it'd be a knock someone down in 3-5 hits type thing.
  • I think so? Tape handcuffs are something that already existed inside the code, so i'm not entirely sure. I'll check.
Mining
  • Sure, that works, i'll go do that quickly
  • Blame Noah, i haven't touched the crate amounts. Changed it to one.
Civilian
  • I'll see what i can do about the size thing
Engineering
  • I'll change the name, yeah
  • Probably not. Perhaps a propulsion, efficiency or speed module should take it's place?
Medical
  • Noah upped the power usage on the patches significantly, i do believe
  • The way the clone scanner works is that it's capable of transferring biomass from the cloner and forming it into limbs/organs/etc as it's squirted out onto/into the person. It's equipped with a portable genetic scanner which can scan and store DNA blueprints from humans, and the biomass tank acts as a portable enzymatic reclaimer allowing chunks of flesh, limbs, what have you to be ground up into delicious organ goo. No i didn't just make this all up on the spot, what are you talking about.
And on the subject of sprites, i remembered that we're probably going to need some new module HUD sprites as some of the names don't match up properly anymore and they're all a little lackluster and in need of replacing anyway imo
(05-31-2017, 09:56 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: [*]I'm not sure about the current rate of stamina loss currently as stamina bars for non-player mobs seem to be weird and i'm yet to rope a friend in to help me test it. In theory though, it'd be a knock someone down in 3-5 hits type thing.

Am I not a friend? frown
(05-31-2017, 10:30 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 09:56 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: [*]I'm not sure about the current rate of stamina loss currently as stamina bars for non-player mobs seem to be weird and i'm yet to rope a friend in to help me test it. In theory though, it'd be a knock someone down in 3-5 hits type thing.

Am I not a friend?  frown

I didn't say i didn't have any friends to rope in, i just haven't done it yet. It's next on my agenda once i've got the siren and the scanner done.
Here's the clone scanner. I made it look like a big ominous needle thing, that spits out an limb after being used. I took liberty in the design, I hope that's ok:
Standby:
[Image: L0SxvaA.png]
Working:
[Image: zxtBII9.gif]
Ready:
[Image: mtdn1Vz.png]
(uh-oh there's a rogue pixel in the working animation, I'll fix that in a bit)

Also the mini seed dispenser:
[Image: kkZyFGY.png]
EDIT: + The wifflebat
[Image: dvPoBzX.png]
Coming up: Designing the modules so they're all similar format
(05-31-2017, 04:54 PM)Sundance Wrote: Here's the clone scanner. I made it look like a big ominous needle thing, that spits out an limb after being used. I took liberty in the design, I hope that's ok:
Standby:
[Image: L0SxvaA.png]
Working:
[Image: zxtBII9.gif]
Ready:
[Image: mtdn1Vz.png]
(uh-oh there's a rogue pixel in the working animation, I'll fix that in a bit)

Also the mini seed dispenser:
[Image: kkZyFGY.png]
EDIT: + The wifflebat
[Image: dvPoBzX.png]
Coming up: Designing the modules so they're all similar format

That sprite doesn't actually match the implementation i had in mind for the clonerthing but given that my current implementation doesn't work at all and that it just gave me an idea for a better implementation, i'd say it's great!

I'm going to need a little heart, butt and eye sprite for it too though. Might be best off doing that with an overlay so that it can mulch stuff while it's holding something too. Or is that second one a cloning animation?
All of those little overlays can be easily done yep.

Sorry about the miscommuncation. I'm still not sure how the thing you envisioned operates. I get the attaching limbs/organs to players, I get the mulching DNA to make said limbs/organs, what I don't get is the cloning end of it.
The large grody hypodermic needle was kind of meant to accomplish that, to act as a portable DNA scanner. When you say "cloning animation" does the device also clone people? The mulcher I had in mind was kind of a organ goo that accepted flesh and dispensed it in a gripping arm underneth as shown after x amount of time.
(06-01-2017, 01:23 AM)Sundance Wrote: All of those little overlays can be easily done yep.

Sorry about the miscommuncation. I'm still not sure how the thing you envisioned operates. I get the attaching limbs/organs to players, I get the mulching DNA to make said limbs/organs, what I don't get is the cloning end of it.
The large grody hypodermic needle was kind of meant to accomplish that, to act as a portable DNA scanner. When you say "cloning animation" does the device also clone people? The mulcher I had in mind was kind of a organ goo that accepted flesh and dispensed it in a gripping arm underneth as shown after x amount of time.

The device does not clone people, only limbs and body parts. By "cloning animation" i mean, since the resolution is low on the forums, i couldn't tell if the working animation was an animation for a limb being cloned inside that tank or if it was a limb being reclaimed inside that tank
Has there been any further progress on this, or did we lose another coder to the CODE STORM?
(07-04-2017, 03:03 AM)Xaviens Wrote: Has there been any further progress on this, or did we lose another coder to the CODE STORM?

School started up again and i got sidetracked for quite a while. Summer holidays now, i just need to get the motivation together to finish it off.
How is this going, by the way?

Have we lost another person to the curse?
(07-23-2017, 07:45 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: How is this going, by the way?

It's stuck in a state of near-completion and i can't get up the motivation to finally finish it off

Any assistance would be welcome
(07-23-2017, 08:29 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:

It's stuck in a state of near-completion and i can't get up the motivation to finally finish it off

Link to what you've got?
(07-23-2017, 08:51 PM)Mordent Wrote:
(07-23-2017, 08:29 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:

Link to what you've got?

https://github.com/amaranthineApocalypse...org-rework

sorry, holiday thing came up, only just noticed this response