Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
"Today, a memorial service was held for respected coder Noah Buttes. Friends, acquaintances and complete strangers gathered to pay their respect to the beloved community figure, thought to have been felled in the line of duty by a freak code storm."

"Mr Buttes was famously working on an immense overhaul to Borg modules, the mantle for which has been taken up by popular patcho maen Mordent. Many mourners wished Mordent luck with the herculean task of finishing Buttes final work, and avoiding the dread attention of That Which Lives In Code."
All y'all are nerds.

Challenge accepted. Wish me luck, I'm going in.
The curse of the robotics modules patch has befallen my PC, rendering it unable to boot.

Seriously, though, going to be a couple of weeks until I get it back and can start working on this again. If I start seeing weird shadowy cyborgs out of the corner of my eye I'll let you kn
(01-05-2017, 05:32 AM)Mordent Wrote: The curse of the robotics modules patch has befallen my PC, rendering it unable to boot.

Seriously, though, going to be a couple of weeks until I get it back and can start working on this again. If I start seeing weird shadowy cyborgs out of the corner of my eye I'll let you kn

They got him
Truly this line of work is cursed, and Mordent has been sentenced an ill fate by the Code Storm.
Code Storm takes no prisoners!

CODE STORM!
are you still out there, Mordent

did the code storm claim you entirely
I'm here. My PC is out for the count, and I'm not bothering to get it fixed until I move (this coming weekend).

I intend to do this once the following criteria are met:
  • I've moved
  • My PC is fixed
  • The curse upon this feature is lifted
Well, good to see you're still alive, but you might have to work around the curse, because I don't think it's leaving any time soon.
Hi, I'm still alive, somehow.

As far as what happened, it's a long story, but here's some highlights.
  • The day after my last post, a police shootout erupts in my normally quiet neighborhood. A few bullets go astray. One hits me in my right forearm, and another one lodges itself firmly in my computer.
  • Five days after being discharged from the hospital, I went to visit my neighbor across the street. Nothing particularly interesting happened during the visit and I returned home uneventfully. However, about fifteen minutes after I got back, my neighbor's house was suddenly engulfed in flames. By the time the firefighters arrived, it was too late for them to do much. The investigation into the cause of the fire is still ongoing.
  • About a month later, a tree in my yard was struck by lightning, which caused a rather large portion of the tree to effectively explode as the water in the tree was flash heated into steam. The explosion destabilized the tree, which then proceeded to fall into the middle of my goddamn living room.
That's not even everything, but you get the idea.

Needless to say, the bullet pretty much trashed my computer beyond repair. The hard drive was partially salvageable, but they weren't able to recover everything from it.

I might be able to dig up a somewhat more updated version of the project than what's available on github, but I make no promises. 

This thing is more cursed than an ancient Egyptian tomb.
Holy fuck, man! I'm glad to hear you're still alive and at least somewhat okay, but that's an awful set of things to happen to anyone!

(there is nothing on earth that will convince me to touch cyborg code now, that's for sure)
holy shit this is an actual curse
... what have I unleashed upon myself?
(01-24-2017, 08:25 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Holy fuck, man! I'm glad to hear you're still alive and at least somewhat okay, but that's an awful set of things to happen to anyone!

(there is nothing on earth that will convince me to touch cyborg code now, that's for sure)

Thankfully, it wasn't all bad news during that time span. My mom had a biopsy done on a growth on her thyroid gland. Those were some nerve-wracking days while we waited to hear the results.

Having already lost my grandfather to gallbladder cancer, you can't imagine how happy I was when the doctor called and told us the growth was just cystic rather than cancerous.
Jesus Noah. I'm glad there's more positive out of this year than negative for you and you're being upbeat. Getting fucking shot in the arm is certainly one of those things you don't really factor in when someone says they got "claimed by the code-storm"

Keep it easy.