Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Abuse
I don't think that the door mechanism itself is the problem in the new brig (aside from the de-syncing that Dauntasa mentioned), I think the problem is that gen pop + 2 panes of glass and a grill don't mix well. Naturally when two people are thrown in a cell together they're going to conspire to escape if they have been left to stew by security for even 1 second longer than they feel is justified.

I think that the idea of gen pop is great, as it allows for all manner of hilarity and takes away most of the tedium for prisoners, but I don't think that escaping from it should be as easy as breaking the window. Escape should require some planning, luck and skill. I don't think that electrifying the grill is the solution, it's too easy to get around, and would also mean that anyone with insulated gloves would have to be stripped of them prior to incarceration.

I'm hesitant to say it, but I think at the minute the best option is to replace the plain glass with crystal glass to make smashing your way out impossible. You'd have to add some kind of time release with that too though, since otherwise people could become permanantly trapped in there when security absconds or is killed. (I know the brig intercom was meant to help with this, but if there simply is no security it won't be useful)
Weavel Wrote:Fun fact: there's a disposal unit right beside the big cell that puts people right inside. Stun them and flush them rather than trying to fuck about with the door.

Fun fact: That thing takes a really fucking long time to pressurize, and it's not fun shoving prisoners in all at once for them to jump out of the disposal when you shove the other guy in, and continue this cycle.

Weavel Wrote:A floor flusher to remove people would be nice, but I don't really see the problem with the windows; they can't get through the grille without gloves or tools, and if you didn't search them well enough to remove these, then you deserve a break-out on your hands.

What? You hit it with the fucking shard of glass you got from breaking the window. I'm also pretty sure it isn't even electrocuted, so you could kick it if you damn well please.

Weavel Wrote:Even if they start using shards, that's 45 seconds to remove the cuffs, another 25 or so to bonk the glass out in best-case with a welder, then the shard on the grille is another 30 seconds-ish; if you've put someone in the big cell for more than two minutes, and you haven't kept an eye on them OR searched them for break-out equipment, well, who's fault is that?

What are you trying to say here, I should have been keeping an eye on the fucking prisoners constantly instead of patrolling the station and making sure people weren't being or places broken into?

Also, like I said earlier, even if you put them in with NO TOOLS, if you put someone else in, they're going to just throw each other at the window until it breaks.

Weavel Wrote:Yes, Sec is getting flooded, but it's no worse than it was before; if you just simply don't open the doors to the lockers, then they can't get equipment, and if you just pay some goddamn attention to the front door, you won't have shits flooding you.
I don't think you read my previous post, the HoP handed out all access for shits and giggles, People stealing gear isn't the main reason why the new jail is shitty.

As for shits flooding you, good luck stopping a riot when they're all on the other side of the door, and you're on the inside, forced to watch them breaking in to try to stop them as they funnel through.

Weavel Wrote:If they're in the room, they've got three clicks to beat you and you've got one with multiple choices as to your method. You need to be more robust if you're losing every time an assistant walks past.

Thanks, I really appreciate the underhanded "You are shit at Security" insults. Do you know how easy it is to run around in a circle in this game and be impossible to hit, then be disarmed in one click and stunned with your own baton/pushed down instantly? Really frustrating. I digress, however, as they probably wouldn't have had shitloads of backup if they didn't have all access.
I've been playing exclusively Security the last few days as practice, and I gotta say Frontline hit it right on.

Security really has NO authority over the amount of shitlings constantly assaulting you to get free stuff, or trying to space you.
I cannot even count the amount of times I was nearly murdered by someone, only to find out they're not traitor or mindslave at the end of the match.

Worst part is, I like to play the talking game, explain stuff to people and seem reasonable, but that approach is almost completely thwarted by those retards that are assaulting any sec officer that's standing still for more than 5 seconds.

In any case, it seems like I should start admin helping idiots rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt, this is really a huge issue at the moment.

Worst part is, as it is, one can hardly space the mindslaved idiots out of fear of getting banned for being shit, so security is really getting walked all over by assistants due to game mechanics and prejudice, I'm sure this is sortable somehow, but it's not working all that great.

as a side note, I like the brig, it requires sufficient effort so that some idiot can't just brig 14 people on a rampage. Teamwork is fun. In any case, I would love to see the return of a flusher for letting people out.

-Jack
Weavel Wrote:If you cannot take down ten assistants rushing into security then you are a weak scrub

Yes how dare Security expect the crew to behave and not lynch them at the drop of a hat
Don't change the brig back to the old system it was automated and boring. New brig is much more fun for both sides. In regards to the window problem, why not make them reinforced crystal? It is meant to be secure after all, and prisoners would kill each other by throwing before breaking it.
Cogwerks Wrote:What is so difficult about the new cell door?

I watched this one security officer go into riot gear and grab a canister of gas and use the door as an airlock to gas five people to death. All he did was shove the canister inside, push the button and release the valve. I had admin helped because I was the AI at the time.

Secondly, someone can stand in the doorway as it closes to follow the security officer or a freed prisoner out. This causes problems and can eventually cascade into the brig being a massive combat zone of people running in circles and security trying to subdue them.

Third: I once saw a security guard throwing prisoners into the small tiny shower room and hacking the door shut.

The brig needs a floor flusher because you cannot trust sec or the prisoners inside to behave.
I guess I should post a reminder: the prison cannot be impossible to escape. Those windows are electrified - I could make them into bulletproof glass and then nobody is ever escaping again without outside help, but that's pretty much zero fun so it won't be happening.

I'll kick some ideas around in coderchat and see if we can fix things up a little better. Also I think I'm gonna start playing security again and see how many people fuck with me or try to raid security when I have a random name.
I don't get why security us being messed with so much all of a sudden, when they are now deemed such a non issue that they are trusted with one big communal jail

In my opinion the slew of shitty , supercop AI's that have been cropping up far too often are way worse, but no-one seems to care about it

Thinks i have seen AI'S do in the past few days:

One AI Bolted and powered down its upload for the entire round when someone tried to break in, then spent 15 mins exclusively tracking/harassing said guy and yelling for his death till he was killed

Another Powered down its upload as soon as syndicates where spotted, bugged the crew to upload a law making syndicates non-human, then let an assistant in to do it

Yelling that a guy was a traitor, bolting him down and letting in a mob to swarm and kill him, then yelling at the crew when someone cloned said guy, then spent the entire round focused on him after he had cloned yelling for his death again

Sending cyborgs to the syndicate shuttle to set it on fire with plasma canisters

Fun fact: These where all done by the same AI!!
I think the reason security is being harassed so much lately is because of the higher numbers due to the new map. Both servers are running with a minimum of 40 people to well over 50 (On G3) at the peak times. I don't know about other people's experiences, but for me, more than 50 people always spells a high degree of chaos on the station. Security is always the first to be hit because they're tasked with reining it in. I'd bet the numbers will fall over the next month, and things will become less hectic. The same thing happened on Mushroom Station.
Nubcake Wrote:One AI Bolted and powered down its upload for the entire round when someone tried to break in, then spent 15 mins exclusively tracking/harassing said guy and yelling for his death till he was killed

Another Powered down its upload as soon as syndicates where spotted, bugged the crew to upload a law making syndicates non-human, then let an assistant in to do it

Yelling that a guy was a traitor, bolting him down and letting in a mob to swarm and kill him, then yelling at the crew when someone cloned said guy, then spent the entire round focused on him after he had cloned yelling for his death again

Sending cyborgs to the syndicate shuttle to set it on fire with plasma canisters

who

adminhelp these things and we will just gib shithead AIs and assign a better one
I love that security lost its thermals. But one thing, the brig seems TOO hard to break out of which is kinda lame. There is no way to just bust down windows and walk out which was a thing I didn't like about doughnut and a thing I loved about mushroom.
I like how this one thread has people upset both that the brig is too easy to break out of and too hard to break out of.

how about i just replace it with a fire
Give us prison loaf.
Cogwerks Wrote:I like how this one thread has people upset both that the brig is too easy to break out of and too hard to break out of.

how about i just replace it with a fire

Replace the reinforced glass with regular glass and remove the grill, but add space yetis in place of the grill.
Nubcake Wrote:I don't get why security us being messed with so much all of a sudden, when they are now deemed such a non issue that they are trusted with one big communal jail

In my opinion the slew of shitty , supercop AI's that have been cropping up far too often are way worse, but no-one seems to care about it

Thinks i have seen AI'S do in the past few days:

One AI Bolted and powered down its upload for the entire round when someone tried to break in, then spent 15 mins exclusively tracking/harassing said guy and yelling for his death till he was killed

I had one guy in deadchat a few days ago explain to me that any AI who doesn't act exactly like this is violating its laws and should be banned, and when I linked to the wiki page explaining that AIs should be more reactive and less shit, he screamed abuse at me for the rest of the round.

Maybe the concept of being the AI attracts weird people???