Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Abuse
Recently, I've noticed people getting a lot more passive-aggressive about security attempting to do their job. This morning, I watched a security guard get pushed down when he was dragging an assistant to the brig for stealing space suits, by the end of the round, we figured out the pusher wasn't even an antag. It seems like when security tries to do something now they just get beaten up/disarmed by random passersby. I feel like security is just toothless right now to try and stop shit from going on. What can be done to improve the situation?
Top Hats Monthly Wrote:Recently, I've noticed people getting a lot more passive-aggressive about security attempting to do their job. This morning, I watched a security guard get pushed down when he was dragging an assistant to the brig for stealing space suits, by the end of the round, we figured out the pusher wasn't even an antag. It seems like when security tries to do something now they just get beaten up/disarmed by random passersby. I feel like security is just toothless right now to try and stop shit from going on. What can be done to improve the situation?
Stun batons, flashes, flashbangs, armor, tasers, brigging, handcuffs, guardbuddies. Meet your teeth.
Pushing people down isn't assault, however doing it while they're trying to get a traitor, i can safely say. Generally i'd say that pushing down security - or anyone else for that matter - is more of a friendly tease, than assault. Also brigging someone for "borrowing" a space suit seems overkill, let the damn man have some fun!
If you personally think they're being annoying with the disarming, tell them. They are most likely doing it because they're bored or something, give them something to do, and they'll likely leave you alone.
Or if you're feeling especially robust, try challenging them to a push-down fight, if you win they stop, and if they win, they get a pair of sunglasses. Make it fun for everyone, instead of being negative about it.
Nitrous Wrote:Pushing people down isn't assault, however doing it while they're trying to get a traitor, i can safely say. Generally i'd say that pushing down security - or anyone else for that matter - is more of a friendly tease, than assault. Also brigging someone for "borrowing" a space suit seems overkill, let the damn man have some fun!
If you personally think they're being annoying with the disarming, tell them. They are most likely doing it because they're bored or something, give them something to do, and they'll likely leave you alone.
Or if you're feeling especially robust, try challenging them to a push-down fight, if you win they stop, and if they win, they get a pair of sunglasses. Make it fun for everyone, instead of being negative about it.

Stealing three space suits is a bit excessive.
Top Hats Monthly Wrote:
Nitrous Wrote:Pushing people down isn't assault, however doing it while they're trying to get a traitor, i can safely say. Generally i'd say that pushing down security - or anyone else for that matter - is more of a friendly tease, than assault. Also brigging someone for "borrowing" a space suit seems overkill, let the damn man have some fun!

Stealing three space suits is a bit excessive.
Honestly, just ask why he wants them. The odds are, the dude wants to get to an abandoned station with some buddies. Stun him, cuff him, then start talking to him. Be ready to release him and apologize for the formalities if he's not being shitty.
Everyone always goes "Gosh just talk to the people you're arresting"

this is very hard to do when literally everyone is out to get you because you're sec. people do everything they can from pushing you down to punching you to pulling the cuffed antagonist out of your grasp
MEOW POW Wrote:Everyone always goes "Gosh just talk to the people you're arresting"

this is very hard to do when literally everyone is out to get you because you're sec. people do everything they can from pushing you down to punching you to pulling the cuffed antagonist out of your grasp
They're out to get you if they just see you dragging a dude. If you're talking to 'em, they tend to just leave it be.
A few points:
+When I play as sec, the only thing I would find mind boggling frustrating is dragging someone back from sec, only for someone with an aggressive stance to walk past and I completely let go of the perp, and for them to run away like a retarded headless chicken. You could say "well, porta-brig" but what if you need to brig two people? Or one of the other 4 on the sec-force has the porta-brig? It doesn't add up.
I wish it was coded so that the only way you could let go when pulling someone with cuffs is if someone stuns you from a punch/flash/whatever, or if they pushed you down. Majority of the time someone walking past with an aggressive stance and you letting go of the perp is accidental.
+Another thing which would be neat would be a floor flusher in the brig, or a way to by-pass the floor-flusher by paying bail.
+Also, there's a table located right beside the sec main door. Please add one of those opening windows they have at electronics so that someone with just a welder and a wrench can't bust into sec.
+.. and I like the way sec don't have access to infrareds anymore. It means that you can work with electronics to make you a pair from the detectives/Hos's

Aside from all that, sec need to up their game. I've seen a fair amount of sec not fully understanding their tools at hand. Flashes are fantastic weapons, because they can't be used against you, and they have a subtle in-hand sprite. Stun-batons are only used if I know if someone is using sunglasses/welding helmet, or if I need to beat down someone for damn good reason. Tasers should only be used for moving targets, and should be holstered at all times, including stun-batons. Also point-blanking someone with a taser is super effective.
Flashbangs make great last resort weapons, and are fantastic if you are being chased, brew it then drop it and keep on running.
Also, I purposefully let my first arrest break out, so that way I can collect the shards and just rebuild the grating so the next time they are in they feel stupid as fuck for not pocketing a shard.
I've seen people just Assistant Revolutions because they were caught stealing shit, and when they were caught they decide to rant on the radio that Security beat the shit out them. Cue gigantic riot that occurs over it.

I've also seen that A LOT of Security Officers seem to think that its okay to brig people forever and force feed them shit over misdemeanors. It is safe to say that there is a two way street of shit.
So after playing a round as Sec, I have to say it was the least fun I have EVER had with SS13.

After starting the round, being super social and nice, and asking the crew if anyone needed help, the HOS proceeded to fucking give out all access passes, letting a SHITLOAD of Assistants swarm Security, then they all proceeded to swarm the Bridge, where I tried to stun and arrest them as I should, however the assistants swarmed like bees, pushing me down and stunning me. It was amazingly unfun. I don't even want to continue with how bad the rest of the round was.
Also the new jail is pretty bad, that doorway is fucking AWFUL to deal with. Where are the flushers that instantly transport people out with their cuffs removed?
That round the HoS was a mindslave so She was rouge, but yeah floor flushers would be nice
MEOW POW Wrote:Also the new jail is pretty bad, that doorway is fucking AWFUL to deal with. Where are the flushers that instantly transport people out with their cuffs removed?

There aren't any flushers. What's so bad about the cycling airlock? I don't really see why it's at all hard to use, expect when guards end up locking themselves in, and that is hilarious.
Cogwerks Wrote:
MEOW POW Wrote:Also the new jail is pretty bad, that doorway is fucking AWFUL to deal with. Where are the flushers that instantly transport people out with their cuffs removed?

There aren't any flushers. What's so bad about the cycling airlock? I don't really see why it's at all hard to use, expect when guards end up locking themselves in, and that is hilarious.
Well, it tends to desync itself pretty quickly so that both doors open and close at the same time. And the only way to fix it is to cut the power and crowbar one of them.
Cogwerks Wrote:

It's really bad because there's only 3 cells, Solitary, some cell with a computer, and a big big cell.

If you have more than one person in the big cell, they'll fight when you're letting one out through the cycling doors. If you are trying to put someone inside, it's way too easy for some shithead to just come up and hit the door switch to lock you in.

It's also very tedious going "Shit, I have to let the prisoners out" when the shuttle starts falling apart instead of just setting a minute timer and not having to worry about them.

The old station with its multiple cells and floorflushers was pretty good, you just set the timer for a minute and let them get flushed to get out.