Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FEATURE] Custom Crops -- DONE
Hello goonstation and this is my patch. I've added multiple crops to the game.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...hef:master

All suggestions and constructive criticism are allowed.

Credits: Me, Drsingh, ZeWaka, Paco, and others (please note if I didn't mention you here)

Things that were added:
  • Tomacco's: They are Tomato's infused with nicotine. They are essentially an edible cigarette. Super addictive.
  • Cherries
  • Pineapples: Large pineapples and pineapple slices
  • Coconuts: Large Coconuts that have coconut meat inside. Great for drinking out of or making a cocktail.
  • Peanut Butter Sandwich Plants: A mutation of a peanut. Rare and RNG based.
  • Coffee: Coffee and coffee berries. Use in a processor to make fresh coffee.

Here is a screenshot of me play testing stuff.

[Image: i9ToTN3.png]
Looks great!
Cherry, pineapple, coconut, cranberry, coffee, and vanilla bean plants.

Now botany can finally run its own complete bar.
(06-05-2016, 09:46 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Cherry, pineapple, coconut, cranberry, coffee, and vanilla bean plants.

Those look easy to do, but I'll need help with making icons. I'll see if I can sprite cherry plants, though.

Cherries are done.

Working on coconuts. Coconuts will be inedible by default, but when you break one open with a knife it will become a cup where you can drink fresh coconut milk. It would also produce a few pieces of coconut meat. If I knew how, I would make it where you can bash one to break it open.
(06-05-2016, 11:32 AM)Hulk Hogan Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 09:46 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Cherry, pineapple, coconut, cranberry, coffee, and vanilla bean plants.

Those look easy to do, but I'll need help with making icons. I'll see if I can sprite cherry plants, though.

Cherries are done.

Working on coconuts. Coconuts will be inedible by default, but when you break one open with a knife it will become a cup where you can drink fresh coconut milk. It would also produce a few pieces of coconut meat. If I knew how, I would make it where you can bash one to break it open.
As regards bashing it, you could probably just hijack some code from window health code or critter health code.
You could do the thing booze bottles do, you click it on a table and smash it on the table.

On success, you get your cracked open coconut.

On failure, it bounces of the table and hits you in the face, then cracks.
(06-07-2016, 05:27 PM)Xeram Wrote: You could do the thing booze bottles do, you click it on a table and smash it on the table.

On success, you get your cracked open coconut.

On failure, it bounces of the table and hits you in the face, then cracks.

Great idea.
(06-05-2016, 11:32 AM)Hulk Hogan Wrote:

Cherries are done.

you should make coconuts consumable 

one way would be to try and bite it and break your teeth for some brute damage or try to swallow it whole for lots of suffocation damage
I've came up with some more ideas for coconuts. I wont promise that I'll add these in, but here are my ideas: Cutting a coconut with a blank will turn it into a hat/helmet. What I'll probably do is my 2nd idea. You would be able to substitute meat with coconut meat for a vegan friendly coconut burger.

Coconuts are almost done.
How about coconuts worn on the uniform slot for coconut bras?
Coconuts are now done. I just need to do a final test and then they'll be added to github. Done and done.
I might add pineapples, cranberries, and maybe even coffee, but that would be all I'd be adding.
(06-10-2016, 03:40 PM)Hulk Hogan Wrote: Coconuts are now done. I just need to do a final test and then they'll be added to github. Done and done.
I might add pineapples, cranberries, and maybe even coffee, but that would be all I'd be adding.

I deeply want to try to overdose people on a single bean of coffee.
I fixed a small issue with coconuts where it had a undefined reagent. Working on Pineapples next. I'll copy orange code where you can slices them for pineapple slices.
Pineapples are pretty much done. I might make it where you can put pineapple slices (they are a thing) in your drink. Imagine being a botanist and your relaxing with a hammock smoking dank ass kush, but you're thirsty from all that cotton mouth. What do you do? You make a Piña Colada of course. Cut open a coconut, mix in pineapple juice, and put in some rum, but wait... you forgot the most important ingredient, the pineapple slice. Garnish it on, and eat the remaining pineapple slices as you have the munchies. I can add this in, but I need some sprite help. I've sprited in pineapple slices, but would like pineapple plants and pine apple icons, if possible. Thanks.
(06-10-2016, 05:56 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 03:40 PM)Hulk Hogan Wrote: Coconuts are now done. I just need to do a final test and then they'll be added to github. Done and done.

I deeply want to try to overdose people on a single bean of coffee.

throw them around at people and yell SENZU BEAN!