Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selective Drunk Speech Filter
Drunk people should be able to understand other drunk people, or rather, hear themselves and each other without the drunk speech filter. This has the twofold effect of encouraging role play, while also disguising one's own drunkeness from oneself (which is more realistic and also hilarious at the same time).

The bar keeper should maybe also have the ability to understand drunken speech, but as well.
Also uh one big problem is that whenever a drunk guy says "Fat,Fatty, fattening" it turns to "fag, faggy, and faggening". I think Lisi had to announce to the crew not to kill one drunk guy for saying "fag" because he was really trying to say "fat".

So maybe change the "t" turning into Gs?
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I think Lisi had to announce to the crew not to kill one drunk guy for saying "fag" because he was really trying to say "fat".

while this still has to be fixed that is fucking hilarious
Apparently I've had ghost chat hating my guts when I was a drunken barman traitor telling the AI it was fat, so much so it actually brought an admin onto g4 to ask me what I was going for.
If the coders don't think this is horrible, can it be done for Swedishness too?

Though it's fun when I'm Swedish, bork out something where even I can barely recognize what I typed, and some pro player understands perfectly and responds. Like Han and Chewbacca.
Wydamn Wrote:Drunk people should be able to understand other drunk people, or rather, hear themselves and each other without the drunk speech filter.
Quote:disguising one's own drunkeness from oneself
Sounds hilarious, the drunk folks in the bar chatting away.
I always try whenever I am under a voice altering substance, I try to state paragraphs full of eloquent words just to see everyone on the radio go, "What the FUCK did he just say?"

Just make sure none of the words translate into offensive terms
this idea rules!!!
Just make sure to keep it so stunned drunken chavvish swedish funky assistants are about as easy to understand as Gravity's Rainbow and I'm down with this.
While we're on the topic of drunkenness:

please make it so that if I type a capital letter and it gets filtered to drunkspeech, make the drunkspeech in capital letters too! It just looks so wrong when drunk speech comes out in camelcase and stuff.
Timelimit Wrote:
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I think Lisi had to announce to the crew not to kill one drunk guy for saying "fag" because he was really trying to say "fat".

while this still has to be fixed that is fucking hilarious
There was a guy who got banned because he was both stunned and drunk and tried to say the word "nice".

It came out "NNNNIIIGGE".
I remember that I once ate some Elvis Bread and Swedish Meatballs to become Swedish Elvis. I became completely incomprehensible. "Ridiculous" became "Redecuhuhohu" or something like that.

This is an awesome idea, though.
Conor12 Wrote:
Wydamn Wrote:Drunk people should be able to understand other drunk people, or rather, hear themselves and each other without the drunk speech filter.
Quote:disguising one's own drunkeness from oneself
Sounds hilarious, the drunk folks in the bar chatting away.
That's exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. It would be cool to just shoot the shit with other crewmembers at the bar without worrying that you've drank too much to be comprehensible. At least, not until you leave the bar and try to back to work as a stone drunk engineer or sec officer.