Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Space Suits
I was reading over the security thread for more insight into not being terrible when I came across this quote: 

(05-06-2016, 04:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I dunno. I like playing as Sec, and a big part of how I play it is by not trying to be catching bad guys all the time. I consider the role more about being the glue that holds the station together, and responding to the aftermath of traitor actions; Getting the bodies to cloning, sealing of breaches,  descalating hostile situations. In the down time I like to just be chummy with the crew.

It made me think that it would be fun to have space suits for security. When breaches hit the station, as they always do, I often find myself wearing a normal space suit, and it feels diminishing in some way. A red colored space suit that looks friendlier than a Syndie suit would be pretty cool to have available for general security use. While there is the armor in the armory, I rarely see it being pulled, and I'm not even sure it acts as a space suit.
How about a mainly blue and white color scheme with a few red highlights? I think one set of spacesuit gear in the equipment storage would work well.
In the least they could get environmental gear similar to the paramedic suit. IIRC the paramedic suit becomes spaceworthy if you wear a space helmet with it, so throw a few helmets in there and they'd be golden.
I'm all for this so we can have a space suit fashion show. In fact, more special space suits should be a thing, like for the CE or whatever
sounds good. be sure to make them look a lot different from syndie red suits. maybe even just an engi suit with the yellow bits turned a light red

alternatively security could just be granted eva access so they can loot eva when they need space gear
I tried looking for some security space suits online to see what such a thing could look like, and the most I saw was references to the RIG suits from deadspace, but I think TG already uses that concept (Retractable helmets are cool though)

I think blue space suits could work, but it seems kind of conflicting when red is also their color.

Dopest idea I have would be to give security TACTICAL space suits with a built in flashlight and a siren mode, so they can flash red and blue and make siren noises when they're on the chase, and just switch to regular flashlight when they just need light.