Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Pathogen Manipulator interface looks bizarre on ultra-high resolution screens
The text doesn't fit inside of buttons and boxes, there's scroll bars where there shouldn't be scroll bars, and some of the buttons don't respond unless I click far outside of where I should actually be clicking.

Here's some images to illustrate the issue.

[Image: NxOhSMF.png]

[Image: mSDk5KL.png]
It turns out this also applies to a lot of other GUIs. The effect this issue has varies in degree from GUI to GUI, however.
Examples include:
DWAINE terminals (relatively minor), ThinkDOS computers (relatively minor), the maintenance panel on the lunar museum(major, but still usable), the artifact testing machine (practically unusable), the genetics computer (minor), the chemicompiler interface (unrecognizable), the long-range telescope interface (effectively non-functional), and PDAs (moderate).
Ultra high resolution being...what...size...exactly?
(06-07-2016, 12:09 PM)Wire Wrote: Ultra high resolution being...what...size...exactly?

Errr, sorry, should've been more specific.

3200x1800

It's also not QUITE UHD if we're being technical, since UHD is formally defined as being 3840×2160 pixels, but WQXGA+ (Wide Quad Extended Graphics Array Plus) is a far more unwieldy term.
This is due to the Windows' DPI scaling. We have no way to get the DPI scaling, and as a result you'll have to resize the window manually.
(06-11-2016, 07:37 PM)somepotato Wrote: This is due to the Windows' DPI scaling. We have no way to get the DPI scaling, and as a result you'll have to resize the window manually.

I can't actually resize the window, there's no tool there for me to do so.

Hitting the maximize button doesn't actually work either.
I'll make it sizable if I get a bit or nag SpyGuy to do it
(06-11-2016, 07:52 PM)somepotato Wrote: I'll make it sizable if I get a bit or nag SpyGuy to do it
Thanks!
Oh geez, the new chem interface is MINISCULE on my screen. I can't find a way to resize it either.
The new interfaces can be resized just like any other window. (although, we haven't yet added font-increasing buttons, planned feature)
(06-29-2016, 09:13 AM)Wire Wrote: The new interfaces can be resized just like any other window. (although, we haven't yet added font-increasing buttons, planned feature)

They can? I had no idea.
This is still an issue as of today.

[Image: 824bmKM.png]
(05-17-2017, 12:59 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: This is still an issue as of today.

[Image: 824bmKM.png]

Might have something to do with your dpi settings in windows? Aside from that this could really do with updating, something similar to the genetics consoles would be nice.
Yeah do you have the Windows UI scaling setting thing set anywhere above the base of 100%? That would explain a lot (I'm not sure how much I can do to alleviate the root issue here.)
(05-21-2017, 08:19 AM)Wire Wrote: Yeah do you have the Windows UI scaling setting thing set anywhere above the base of 100%? That would explain a lot (I'm not sure how much I can do to alleviate the root issue here.)

I believe it's actually set at 300%, but everything else looks disgustingly small at 100%

It's worth noting that the pathogen manipulator is the only remaining system that I still experience this problem on.