Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Please report all bug caused by the new movement update here.
Breaking News Developing...   Argh!  Breaking News Developing... 

Rocket Boots and other footwear that affect your movespeed slow you down just by holding them in your hands!
Tasers are currently insanely powerful with the current movement system. You literally need to be hit just once with a taser and you're made essentially incapable of moving for what feels like a good 3-5 seconds or so. Basically, it gives time for the rest of the taser gun to be fired into your face.

Pod movement is still nastied, with pods being just gross to control. Precision has been lost, and you essentially need to rapidly mash movement keys while praying that your pod responds in order to do anything with any level of precision.

Clown cars are also a little nastied. Precision has been lost, which is actually a bit of a big deal with clown cars because of how they punish players for lack of precision.
Borg speed upgrades are far slower than they used to be prior to the update.
I forgot to mention this, but click dragging certain things, like stuffing people into lockers, unfocuses the task-bar for arrow-key users.
Speed upgrades on heavy borgs have little impact. Also propulsion is slow af.
Answering mentorhelps sends junk characters to the task bar. %, ), @ and so forth.
i would like to say that at minimum mechanized boots are still nonfunctional
shoes no longer give slowdowns/speedups.
Why is it that some speed up effects are still functional (meth, treads), but others aren't (mech boots)?
Diving board allows you to move while jumping on it. You can escape a closed pool with it. While hilarious, it might adversely affect some nefarious sims-esque trap.

When traveling over catwalks (lattice too?) in a pod I think I abruptly stopped when I went into a cough-fit.

Fine tuned movement is harder. I guess this is just a thing. I seem to be running into more crushers and traps that I know are there because I sometimes move two tiles even while tapping. Not sure if an actual problem -- probably due to me being old and stuff.
Exiting a pod while in space sends your character adrift into the inky void, usually to the left. This has killed my gal several times while trying to rescue corpses from outer space. Though, even if I did get them to the pod without joining their icy slumber, another issue impedes our rescue.

Players, living or dead, and I believe only players living or dead, are so stubborn in continuing along the direction space has chosen for them. Bodies will float along in their chosen direction until they hit something or get stuck, oddly, one tile from the edge of space, no matter how hard you try to pull them. They will always break your grasp if you try to grab or pull them while they're on their journey, only allowing you to retrieve them once they've collided with a wall or floor. Space help you both if the body reaches their goal of the edge of the map, it'll sit there forever and wrestle against every attempt to pull them back to the station, always floating back to the edge.

Unless of course you thought ahead and brought a locker and a jetpack, in which case everything seems to work alright once you stuff the fucker in there.

Also, its been mentioned before that pod movement has been nastied to heck, and honestly it feels like pushing around a belligerent drunk guy on an ice rink; it fights me every time I try to change its direction and I can never really tell if the pod sailing right past where I told it to stop was because of lag, the movement code, or my own incompetence.

A button to force-stop the pod would pretty much fix this though, at least as a bandaid measure until the underlying nastiness can be denastied.
can confirm pod movement is super nastied
fighting drones is basically "why bother" levels of difficulty AKA you better hope you don't run into a phaser drone on the debris field or you are absolutely doomed since you can't turn around/drift race to shoot them
This is why I use drills on industrial pods. Always. Except that time a drone was stuck outside and I shot it with a small pod.
I've been absorbed by blobs despite being 3+ tiles from the nearest blob tile quite a few times now.
(08-23-2016, 04:29 PM)Arborinus Wrote: I've been absorbed by blobs despite being 3+ tiles from the nearest blob tile quite a few times now.

That may or may not be related to the new movement update.