Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Please report all bug caused by the new movement update here.
Exclamation 
Since Grek already made a thread about the chatbar not working for arrow users(send help). I figure I'd start a thread about everything I noticed since this equally awesome and horrible update came out.

1: Cold movement is worse then ever. If you get exposed to the cold then you can barely move off of one square

2: Being in Critical condition has the same effects as being exposed to the cold and in most cases this leads to instant death or you waste five to ten minutes getting away

This along with the chatbar issue pretty much makes the game unplayable for arrow movement users.

That's all I got so far. This is meant to be a overall feedback thread on any bugs this update has caused and please know that Tobba is working hard to fix the chatbar issue. It looks like alot of things are broke so the sooner any and all issues are brought to the coders attention the better.
  • page up does not switch hand
  • page down nor c do not use item in hand as if clicked
  • home does not drop item
  • delete does not toggle throw mode - or sprint if you are changing it like that
  • b the point shortcut does not work
  • ctrl+p does not toggle point and it spits out command "togglepoint 0" not recgonized in the chat window
  • you can't get out of follow-thing
  • end or z do not walk southwest - as an alternative, allow multiple keys being mapped to one such as dirs south and west to key Z
  • alt+s does not *spin or *juggle
  • typing on the keyboard doesn't automatically type into the command bar anymore (urs said to put it here)

oh, and its really hard to move one tile at a time as a ghost
Forgot to add but I'm sure most arrow users know but almost everything around arrow movement from the hotkeys to the ability to chat at any given moment is completely broke.

Also having shift be sprint is really awkward for arrow key users. Before the change shift was throw and now we have to reach across the the keyboard to use a feature that gets used more then sprinting.
Sprinting could probably use some work. Default movement is pretty quick as is, so maybe scale that down a little to make it more meaningful. It also burns through stamina really quickly compared to stamina's default regen rate
Sprinting with cyborg treads is absolutely insane. It's hilarious so I don't know if it's worth tweaking, but I feel it's worth bringing up if people are going to be altering the sprinting functions.

Edit to avoid doubleposting: The tab shortcut to start typing is really handy, or it would be if it didn't still toggle WASD mode.
the increased movement + sprint mode may be a tad too much, I feel like I'm playing the game in hyper speed mode at times.
The mechanical mining shoes no longer provide a speedup
Pod Movement seems broken, as you can't move diagonally and getting stunned stops your pod completely rather than having it fly uncontrolled.

Also the walk/run toggle pretty much does nothing now.
It's currently impossible to break out of an ice cube no matter how much you mash the movement keys.

Edit: It does work, it just took a very long time to do so.
Some weird thing happened to me when I tried to get out of a moving pod; I'm having trouble replicating it, but I kept moving in a single direction even though I was trying my hardest to jetpack in the opposite direction

Also, you can no longer stop a pod by double tapping the arrow in the opposite direction. You have to hold it down for a second and the timing is hard to get
(05-26-2016, 06:09 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Some weird thing happened to me when I tried to get out of a moving pod; I'm having trouble replicating it, but I kept moving in a single direction even though I was trying my hardest to jetpack in the opposite direction

I experienced this earlier and forgot to report it. Oops.

Anyways, this is caused by holding down a direction as you exit the pod. For example, holding S while exiting the pod will have you forced to move down no matter what you do. You have to press S again to "refresh" it and make your movement normal again.
If you log out and back in you can't move your character until you toggle wasd on an off again (or off and on again)
Space to throw currently does nothing for me. I'm seeing the throw icon show up when I hold space, but the object is not thrown when clicked.

Also something I'd think that'd satisfy both arrow and wasd users is having the sprint button as space and everything else in its default state.
Not a bug, but z on wasd (and whatever the equivalent is for arrows) is now unused hotkey now that diagonal movement is all thunderbirds are go. Fillll the voiiiid.
Apparently predators move so fast as to be nearly uncontrollable. Or so a predator complained about today. I can confirm he was extremely zippy.
I noticed the fast point hotkey has been broken. You used to be able to point at things by hovering over things and pressing b