Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pulling bugs
If you secure an object (e.g. the AI or hydroponics trays) to the floor while pulling it you will keep pulling it around even with it bolted to the floor.
(05-24-2016, 05:20 PM)Grizzwold Wrote: If you secure an object (e.g. the AI or hydroponics trays) to the floor while pulling it you will keep pulling it around even with it bolted to the floor.

What happens when you stop pulling it?

Can you pull it again?
I think this is a bit more of a problem because you move Canister bombs using this method.
(05-25-2016, 10:51 AM)Arborinus Wrote: I think this is a bit more of a problem because you move Canister bombs using this method.

Welp, that's definitely a big issue.

I can only hope this doesn't also apply to emitters, field generators, power sinks, portable flashers, robot conversion chambers, and electric chairs.
I noticed this in toxins with secured gas canisters.
(05-25-2016, 11:01 AM)Boon Yoon Wrote: I noticed this in toxins with secured gas canisters.
Oh God.
Did they still respond to atmospheric changes within the pipes, or did they just start working like unsecured canisters again?
I immediately re-hooked them up out of extreme fear, but will test this during a late night.
I just had a horrifying thought.

Does this work on the syndicate nuke?
(05-25-2016, 11:25 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I just had a horrifying thought.

Does this work on the syndicate nuke?

Only one way to find out! Demonology 101
Ya this is nasty for several reasons. Not sure why it's a problem with canbombs though, since you don't have to secure them before you detonate. Outside of, you know, not working as advertised.
(05-25-2016, 01:06 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Ya this is nasty for several reasons. Not sure why it's a problem with canbombs though, since you don't have to secure them before you detonate. Outside of, you know, not working as advertised.

Canister bombs are supposed to only be detonatable once the bolts engage.
Really? You've been able to activate them without bolts for a long time.

I used to automatically bolt them because I thought the same. Then I tried without one day, and when it worked I figured it was just an optional measure to make sure people don't just go dragging it off with no danger involved.

I use this to occasionally make my own noise artifacts. Honking, blaring, blinking noise artifacts. Give them to the clown. They love em'.
You also get something similar to this when canisters rupture while they are connected to a port. You can pull the ruptured canister around, and you gotta wrench the canister or the port to disconnect make make the port work again.
Relating to pulling bugs, you can pull yourself. Now you can finally move in all eight directions by ctrl+clicking yourself and clicking the tile you want to move to!
(05-26-2016, 05:21 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Relating to pulling bugs, you can pull yourself. Now you can finally move in all eight directions by ctrl+clicking yourself and clicking the tile you want to move to!

The new movement system already lets you move in eight directions.