Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Map and more] Abandoned Arcade
How about a few mobs like space bears and spiders that don't do anything but sing and break into scrap if damaged?
I just put an amusing duck, made it emagged on start, and put it in my map.
I would like to see this added as it looks nice. Imagine what kind of gimmicks that could be done with this.
Bumping project.

Edit: I'll look at the map and see if there is any improvements that could be added. First thing I see missing is cooking machines that could be added, or a locker full of moldy food. Maybe a new pizza which is a mold covered pizza. I could code one in for you, if you want. I also found a warning stating: 'icons\obj\abandonedarcade.dm:39:warning: prize: variable defined but not used'

Edit again: When I copied and pasted your map into z3 and gave it a try on my server, my movement was all out of wack. Everything was moving in a slow grid pattern, instead of being smooth. I did like how you added ballbit vipers in the game, where when you click on the ballbit, you have a chance of getting bit.
(07-02-2016, 01:42 PM)Hulk Hogan Wrote: Edit again: When I copied and pasted your map into z3 and gave it a try on my server, my movement was all out of wack. Everything was moving in a slow grid pattern, instead of being smooth.

He probably used the nudge tool in the map editor which modifies step_x or step_y which breaks movement code. He needs to use pixel_x or pixel_y instead.
Damn This is nice
Wow this patch was really dumb and should probably be moved to rejected.

I got the ball pit in the game, and that was all I wanted anyways.