Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Map and more] Abandoned Arcade
I am a very unexperienced coder, so there may be a lot of things wrong. Smilie of the Week

This is intended as a debris field location, just copy and paste it anywhere.

Features:
A map: an abandoned arcade, like Chuck E. Cheese's. In space.

A gorilla suit, slightly improved on my old sprite.

Asshole Arcade machines. Requires tokens.

A ball pit. Wearing shoes in the ball pit causes you to trip.

Preview put in spoiler in case you want to explore it for yourself:
[Image: yb1vXvi.png]

Use one of the things, use all of them, whatever. All I want is to one day see all the floors on the station replaced with a giant ball pit.

Map file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe3ooqmk16mtil...e.dmm?dl=0

Compare: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...e?expand=1
Add more cameras only watchable using the computer in the office. For FNAF gimmicks.
(05-23-2016, 01:56 AM)medsal15 Wrote: For FNAF gimmicks.

No.

Back to the topic, this map looks pretty sweet.
Needs more pizza
How about clown corpses in the ball pit?
The arcade machines should have prizes you cant find anywhere else, or maybe an item that makes the area worthwhile to explore, besides the ball-pit. Maybe add some robots that sing space themed songs for the children. A good example would be a song from Futurama: "we're whalers on the moon". Don't forget the managers office should have news paper articles about events that happened at the arcade, such as a kid who died in the ball pit, because he suffocated on a ball. Also, don't forget the pizza and moldy burgers. Roaches should also be there.
This is great we need more derelicts for hosting gimmicks
Hopefully the ball pit conceals medical syringes and broken glass. And occasionally contains a floor cluwne.
(05-27-2016, 11:16 PM)Hulk Hogan Wrote: The arcade machines should have prizes you cant find anywhere else, or maybe an item that makes the area worthwhile to explore, besides the ball-pit. Maybe add some robots that sing space themed songs for the children. A good example would be a song from Futurama: "we're whalers on the moon". Don't forget the managers office should have news paper articles about events that happened at the arcade, such as a kid who died in the ball pit, because he suffocated on a ball. Also, don't forget the pizza and moldy burgers. Roaches should also be there.

obviously the arcade machines should only spit out tickets, and the tickets can only be turned in at the prize counter, and only ludicrously high numbers of tickets should give any good prizes. thats how these places operate.

maybe this place could be upgraded with space mini-golf and skee-ball and etc.

and a lazer tag maze, with lazer tag vests and harmless lazer tag lazers
Maybe some go-karts like in VR?
VR go karts are incredibly OP, please never put them on the station.

(You are immune to damage while in one, can shoot guns out of them, and can't be removed by anything. They're also indestructible.)
(05-29-2016, 01:43 PM)Grek Wrote: You are immune to damage while in one

I confirm.
Just put karts. You can be shoved out of them, you can still take damages, you can't shoot, etc..
May 30th update:
  • Redid the github compare
  • Made the exterior look a little less dumb?
  • Added a little more decoration
  • Put a clown skeleton in the ball pit
  • You can now dig around in the ball pit
  • Doubled the amount of pizza
The arcade machines do have a separate prize pool, which includes Bootleg trading cards, Rubber hammers and Tickets.

I don't think I'm going to be adding karts, since there's a pretty cool VR kart track that is never used.
what about the animatronics?  you can't have a place like space chuck e cheeses without scary animatronics eyeballing you as you play games and eat the mediocre pizza!

[Image: TLw2ek5.jpg]
I would just assume put an amusing duck inside the arcade and call that your animatronic. Although some kind of evil animatronic might make for a good one off halloween gimmick.