Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
horseshoes, except with clothes
if you toss some article of clothing(or just an item that fits a slot) at someone and that slot isn't filled for their character, maybe there could be a chance of it draping over their body/eyes/head/wherever depending on what item it is. example: throw the clown mask at someone and have it stick to their unoccupied mask slot.

applications:

toss VR goggles at someone and maybe trap them in VR for a few seconds while you beat them with your e-saber.
force the detective to play CSI: Miami.
toss sunglasses at your friend in a scuffle to protect him from that jerk with a flash.
toss a spacesuit at someone to slow them down a bit.
toss a straightjacket at someone to slow them down a LOT.
toss a lit syndicool at someone and maybe it lands in their mouth before it explodes.
???
How the fuck does throwing a space suit or straight jacket at someone magically envelop them in it? Also that would be pretty awful all the same.
I think it'd be best off if it was mask/hat/glasses-only rather than having some sort of magical ability to throw a space suit onto someone.

That being said, I actually really like the idea as long as it's limited to the above; the idea of tossing lit Swedium-laced cigarettes at people sounds great.
Im not sure if Byond even registers what direction people face, so you can hit someone behind the head with a cigarette and it magically lands in his mouth.

That and the idea that someone can be given a toxins laced cigarette just by standing still because Pubbie Joe thought it would be funny to throw toxins at people sounds awful
By that logic you shouldn't be able to throw basketballs and have dudes catch them, and should have to take off your belted internals before putting on a suit, etc.

Please don't shit on what could be fun because someone could use it for something bad; you could just as easilly have an explosive tomato or george melons thrown and do damage, just like the cigarette, and Pubbie Joe would be just as banned.
I doubt you could throw a straight jacket over someone, but catching a cigar with your teeth would be cool.
Conor12 Wrote:I doubt you could throw a straight jacket over someone, but catching a cigar with your teeth would be cool.
This is pretty much the only good thing in this thread.

If stuff is going to do stuff when thrown, you should put a catch intent that makes you move at half speed, but there's a chance you catch small items thrown at you.

And even that's iffy.